Typhon Compared to the truggified Typhon, the Talion is making me a better driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piecejointe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
With the truggified Typhon, which is short and has heavy ballooning tires, I can correct anything mid flight. Hell, the thing will even backflip whenever needed.
The Talion (on truggy tires) however requires a much better initial jump to not nosedive and it it does you're pretty much SOL, so I'm learning to get the speed and acceleration just right so the jump ends at the top of the downslope and I can gun it again asap.
We run mixed classes informally at the local track and this thing runs circles around the buggies when I'm a bit lucky.
Go team Talion!

Once you feel you are good at getting that Talion around the track - De-Truggyfy that Typhon and put it on the track. Truly, the buggy will kick it up another notch! After driving my son's Kraton (with proper truggy tires) for a few minutes, switching back to my Typhon, it feels like trying to control a over-caffeinated squirrel... :) But when it starts to click, and you finally get infront of the car - What a Rush!

Jerry

I wish. The track is so rough the smaller buggy wheels have trouble keeping up and the car bounces all over the place ;-(
When it's dry it's also really hard to get any traction without a very agressive thread (speaking Badlands here...).
But hey, free, and super fun, and maybe it'll start raining again and we'll get rid of the dust and be able to work on the rough sections.

I hear you - my local track gets like that too. I end up running my Lockups on my Typhon most days. Even on racedays, there will be 2 or 3 1/8 buggies and most of the SCT's running badlands... LOL

Once you feel you are good at getting that Talion around the track - De-Truggyfy that Typhon and put it on the track. Truly, the buggy will kick it up another notch! After driving my son's Kraton (with proper truggy tires) for a few minutes, switching back to my Typhon, it feels like trying to control a over-caffeinated squirrel... :) But when it starts to click, and you finally get infront of the car - What a Rush!

Jerry
I'm thinking of changing the stock tires on my Typhon v4 to lets say, Outkast or Kraton Tires. Would this be a good choice to try to bash my Typhon? Currently i've only used it on asphalt.

I'm thinking of changing the stock tires on my Typhon v4 to lets say, Outkast or Kraton Tires. Would this be a good choice to try to bash my Typhon? Currently i've only used it on asphalt.
I've done it, with Talion Dakar tires, and racing truggy tires. The biggest issue- the suspension will bottom out before the Chassis slaps. This is a huge problem that leads to lots if broken parts due to over-compression.
Better is to wide-mod, and use 2.8 MT tires.

I've done it, with Talion Dakar tires, and racing truggy tires. The biggest issue- the suspension will bottom out before the Chassis slaps. This is a huge problem that leads to lots if broken parts due to over-compression.
Better is to wide-mod, and use 2.8 MT tires.
I went ahead and ordered those $100 Proline belted trenchers, along with those 17mm hex adapters. If I were to just slap them on my Typhon, breaking and rubbing issues are to be expected right? Thanks so much for your help

I went ahead and ordered those $100 Proline belted trenchers, along with those 17mm hex adapters. If I were to just slap them on my Typhon, breaking and rubbing issues are to be expected right? Thanks so much for your help
Hex adaptors as in wide axles? You need wide hexes, the 2.8 rim will not clear the hub with the stock narrow hexes.

Ok, I see. Those hex adaptors are for the wheel. Proline's new 2.8 MT wheel has a replaceable hex. Comes stock with a 12mm hex, this swaps the wheel to 17mm.

You will still need to make you car axles wider. The Outcast hexes work, but you also need the axles and the hubs. I did my typhon this way. Cheaper is to buy wide hexes from Ebay, but that can be hard on your bearings.

Ok, I see. Those hex adaptors are for the wheel. Proline's new 2.8 MT wheel has a replaceable hex. Comes stock with a 12mm hex, this swaps the wheel to 17mm.

You will still need to make you car axles wider. The Outcast hexes work, but you also need the axles and the hubs. I did my typhon this way. Cheaper is to buy wide hexes from Ebay, but that can be hard on your bearings.
Thanks alot for your help! This shall be my next little project. This will be my 1st time adding/removing any parts to my Arrma vehicle as it is my 1st. Appreciate your help alot!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back