Talion Compared Traxxas revo 3.3 to arrma talion v3.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finfan88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
There is no comparison. Dusted off my nitro revo with os engine ran it. Then the talion v3... Wow it's amazing what a truck on 6s can do.... It's a rocket.. I've been in the hobby longer than I want to admit. I've raced nitro onroads, trucks, flew helicopters and drones.

Yeah, I have footage of my 3.3 revo with an OS21Tm in it running with my buddies talion on 6S. It's laughable to see the performance off the line. $300 engine + $100 pipe + $600 truck... smoked. $1200 truck smoked by a $600 truck.

In the end though, after seeing/hearing my revo run, he still wanted a nitro. :)

This one has a run where we took off in a straight line a few times and he just flat out smoked me.

You got that revo dialed in. I still like the sound and smell of nitro.

You got that revo dialed in. I still like the sound and smell of nitro.
For where I run it most, I think I need to drop the gearing down a hair to leverage more of 2nd gear. As it is, it wants to wheelie on any bump I hit in second... but it still takes time to get the truck up to speed. While the 21TM really really outperforms the 3.3, it's still not the strongest at the very bottom of the RPM range. Great little engine though. For that kind of dough, it should be. Having all the Robinson steel gears in the trans probably adds to the initial amount of inertia getting the thing rolling too.

Traxxas Revo 3.3 system is outdated, had one and it sure was fun, but BL is just so much clean easy power.

Must say the Revo was a blast and plenty of power but it was tired of Traxxas own engine mount, clutch setup, sold it on Ebay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back