Senton Comparison: Arrma Senton vs Axial Yeti

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Operator7G

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
For those of you rock racers out there, here's how the Senton compares to Axial's Yeti. Both are 1/10, but the Yeti's wheelbase is quite a bit longer. The Senton's 2.2"/3.0" SCT wheels are basically the same as the Yeti's 2.2" deadlocks, but the Yeti's higher profile tires are a lot bigger in diameter. I didn't weigh them, but it feels like the Senton is slightly heavier than the Yeti, probably most likely due to its 3mm aluminum chassis.

With bodies on:
Senton%252520vs%252520Yeti%252520-%252520Body.JPG

Inside chassis view:
Senton%252520vs%252520Yeti%252520-%252520Chassis.JPG

Amazing those Yeti tires compared to the 6S capable Senton!

I do like the Yeti a lot, since it looks very scale like and has diff locked 4wd.
However the price compared to the Senton makes no sense.

I have owned a Axial AX-10 kit once, and was impressed by the build quality, but that is also why you pay so much.
And you do have to add a lot of hop-up parts to make it pretty good, as is the case with the Yeti as far as I could find out.

Do you own both?

I do own both, and it's a rather interesting story. I bought the Yeti as a Xmas gift for myself last year, but as luck would have it, I never had the time to run it, and when I did, the weather was just bloody awful. So instead, I followed various Yeti groups to see what others were experiencing with their rigs. I basically came to the same conclusion as you did. Stock, it was only so-so. To make it anywhere near reliable would require another investment of probably several hundred dollars. Just an aluminum rear axle would set you back close to US$200. I decided that I'm just going to box it back up and sell it on eBay. I figure I can recoup most of my cost since it's never been run. At any rate, one of the guys mentioned that he had wished he had just gotten an Arrma Kraton, Talion, Typhon, or Senton, and that piqued my curiosity. After some reading and watching of YouTube videos, I figured the stock Senton would be more durable than the Yeti ever could be and without the additional cost, so here I am with two brand new trucks that I haven't been able to run yet! Haha!

In all fairness, the Yeti does look like a lot of fun, and if I was able to be more fiscally insensitive where my hobby is concerned, I probably would throw money at it. There are some pretty bad ass rigs out there, but they didn't come cheap. The problem is that Axial used parts from low speed rigs in a high speed rig, so they can't really take the punishment. That's simply my opinion, though. I love the scale looks and had some plans for that, but in the end, I decided to avoid the cash hemorrhaging altogether.

As it is, it hurts when I think about how much I've put into my E-Maxx over the years, and I still have many parts to actually install. I've just been waiting, because it didn't make sense to tear it down just to do it again when I got the remaining parts to make it brushless worthy. Fortunately, I got that truck before we had our son! If you know anyone who is interested in an Axial Yeti RTR with 0 miles on it, let me know.

I do own both, and it's a rather interesting story. I bought the Yeti as a Xmas gift for myself last year, but as luck would have it, I never had the time to run it, and when I did, the weather was just bloody awful. So instead, I followed various Yeti groups to see what others were experiencing with their rigs. I basically came to the same conclusion as you did. Stock, it was only so-so. To make it anywhere near reliable would require another investment of probably several hundred dollars. Just an aluminum rear axle would set you back close to US$200. I decided that I'm just going to box it back up and sell it on eBay. I figure I can recoup most of my cost since it's never been run. At any rate, one of the guys mentioned that he had wished he had just gotten an Arrma Kraton, Talion, Typhon, or Senton, and that piqued my curiosity. After some reading and watching of YouTube videos, I figured the stock Senton would be more durable than the Yeti ever could be and without the additional cost, so here I am with two brand new trucks that I haven't been able to run yet! Haha!

In all fairness, the Yeti does look like a lot of fun, and if I was able to be more fiscally insensitive where my hobby is concerned, I probably would throw money at it. There are some pretty bad ass rigs out there, but they didn't come cheap. The problem is that Axial used parts from low speed rigs in a high speed rig, so they can't really take the punishment. That's simply my opinion, though. I love the scale looks and had some plans for that, but in the end, I decided to avoid the cash hemorrhaging altogether.

As it is, it hurts when I think about how much I've put into my E-Maxx over the years, and I still have many parts to actually install. I've just been waiting, because it didn't make sense to tear it down just to do it again when I got the remaining parts to make it brushless worthy. Fortunately, I got that truck before we had our son! If you know anyone who is interested in an Axial Yeti RTR with 0 miles on it, let me know.
How much

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back