Typhon Competitive on the track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogis9

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi guys I’d like some advice on how to make my Typhon more competitive on the race track. Most of the competition are running mugen mbx7r’s.

Assuming you are running the 6s version-

Chat up the the mugen owners. See if they will share setup tips. Our Typhon is very close to their car, so setup will be similar.

Also, remember the most important part of setup is the nut behind the wheel. I.e. you. Getting practice time is more important than upgrades. Slower is faster.

After your own fingers weight is your biggest enemy, those race spec truggies are lighter. Shocks are better, have more positions and more options to adjust camber & toe etc.
But to answer your question i'd go for 4s, light oils in the diffs (you want diff action on a track), good track tires depending on surface, and as Jerry said practice, practice, practice

After your own fingers weight is your biggest enemy, those race spec truggies are lighter. Shocks are better, have more positions and more options to adjust camber & toe etc.
But to answer your question i'd go for 4s, light oils in the diffs (you want diff action on a track), good track tires depending on surface, and as Jerry said practice, practice, practice
7k 15k 7k is what I’m running at the moment, do you think I should go lighter?

Practice more and set the car right and you'll be at least competitive. I have humiliated dudes running cars 4 times the price of my Talion (one had a remote that cost more than the entire Arrma) just because I go to the track 3 times a week (it's a 1 mile trip).

It’s mostly the driver. I also recently embarrassed a guy with a Tekno whatever it was. I can usually hang with the 4wd stock buggy guys. I have only changed tires and my esc did go bad so I popped in a Max6 that I had. It does let me raise the punch setting. I only run 4s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back