Kraton Complete Newb question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyj82

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I'm coming from the nitro world. Completely new to lipos, as getting the batteries finally charged, took three days to figure out how to do it safely. I have combing through this forum for awhile and seeing so much about punch settings, low voltage cut off and etc. I'm just trying to figure out, can I just throw these batteries in there and go to town. Without worrying over discharging or anything of that matter. Or do I need to figure out all these settings. The manual is not the easiest thing to understand.

So I'm coming from the nitro world. Completely new to lipos, as getting the batteries finally charged, took three days to figure out how to do it safely. I have combing through this forum for awhile and seeing so much about punch settings, low voltage cut off and etc. I'm just trying to figure out, can I just throw these batteries in there and go to town. Without worrying over discharging or anything of that matter. Or do I need to figure out all these settings. The manual is not the easiest thing to understand.
Just throw the batteries in and go to town. Low voltage is factory set. Tip, when batteries get low and truck stops, don't try to continue using it, unplug batteries immediately, let cool then recharge. Get a good duel battery charger, get good high C rated batteries.

for longest life...
-do not charge when hot or warm
-when not in use your charger should have a storage setting which will charge the battery to 3.8 per cell if it is under that point or discharge it to that if it is above! "do not store fully charged". storing at full charge will cause your batteries to become swollen.
-if your lipo is 5000mah charge it at 5.0A if it is 5500mah charge it at 5.5a if it is 4500mah charge it at 4.5A. this is called charging at 1C, you can charge higher but it will shorten the life of your lipo.
-I personally store my lipo's in an ammo box!
-store in a cool place.
-I ALWAYS BALANCE CHARGE! Lipo's can go up in flames when you are running if one cell is seriously out of balance! I have seen this happen personally! if a cell in my lipo's will no longer balance with the rest I get rid of the lipo, I never use it again!
-check on youtube and look up lipo fires!
-all these are the most important things I can think up right now, but seriously a bad lipo will go up in flames and completely burn your car or much much worse, burn your house down.
-and for the most RC fun....... make sure your buy a charger that can charge more than on battery at a time, my HiTech x4 does 4!
---Please read
http://www.dronetrest.com/t/everything-you-need-to-know-about-lipo-battery-chargers/1326

;)

Don't just throw in and go! you can start a major fire! no joke, and not to mention lipo's are really expensive and you will want to know how to make them last. I ruined many before I learned to handle them properly! "just throw in and go... worst advice I have ever heard on an rc forum".

http://www.dronetrest.com/t/everything-you-need-to-know-about-lipo-battery-chargers/1326

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back