Kraton Complete newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2evn

Reaction score
im a complete newb when it comes to Kraton and RC cars in general..

Iv just purchased a Kraton 6s v5 I think of the top of my head. Mainly going to use it for just messing about the BMX track with the kids and try get dome speed out of it. Im not going to upgrade any parts until they brake and need replacing. But looking for advice on what I should be doing to keep it at its best. Like what should I should I take regular checks at and for, what about oil in diffs and shocks etc.

Still learning so reading through the forum what is very good and interesting.

Please help and educate me lol

Make sure you have a set of good hex drivers - 1.5mm, 2.0mm, and 2.5mm. And don't go cheap on them: cheap drivers strip the heads if you're not careful. You will also need a wrench for the wheel nuts: others here can give you the size.

Welcome, you will learn a lot here. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. I suggest starting out by taking a close look at your manual starting with page 15. It will show you recommended tools and maintenance schedule.

- I second buying good quality tools.
- Buy a good battery charger and learn about Lipo safety
- Set your servo travel enpoints
- Watch Youtube video tutorials to help you with the wrenching. It's fairly easy to wrench on these trucks once you get the feel for it and you understand how to do it, but make sure you know exactly what you need to do first and attack one small repair/maintenance at a time. Don't over torque screws into plastic. If you encounter a stuck screw in a metal part (likely), apply heat to soften the thread locker.
- A BMX track can be brutal. If you can first find a softer sand pit or gravel pit to get a feel for the driving and practice your throttle control, you will probably break less stuff. No matter what you do, stuff will break anyway.
- 60k front, 500k center and 30k rear is a popular diff fluid setup for bashing. Diff fluid are difficult to find these days. I recommend you open the diff sooner than later to make sure you have enough fluid in there.

Have fun and ask away here if you have questions for which you can't find the answer using the search function.

Last edited:
What everyone said above. Also, being new, the camera on your phone is your best friend. Take pics of everything before you start ripping things apart. Also a good magnetic dish/mat will be a godsend if you don't have one.

Thanks for all the great replies, the charger im currently running is the eTRONIX POWERPAL 3.0 performance charger/discharger. Watched some YouTube videos on how best to run and use this. It seems a great bit of kit tbf.

What are servo travel enpoints?

What go to websites do you use for Diff/shock oil, upgrade, replacement parts etc.

Thanks

Thanks for all the great replies, the charger im currently running is the eTRONIX POWERPAL 3.0 performance charger/discharger. Watched some YouTube videos on how best to run and use this. It seems a great bit of kit tbf.

What are servo travel enpoints?

What go to websites do you use for Diff/shock oil, upgrade, replacement parts etc.

Thanks

Adjusting Endpoints

For websites, what country are you in?

Also Lipo safety is a must. Never leave battery unintended while charging and never charge around anything flammable. When not in use put battery in storage mode. Its a setting on a good charger.

Install an EXB front bumper. It will help save the front end parts on those nose down landings. Be sure to order the required screws as well cause they arn't included with the bumper. Pick up a screws kit from Jennys RC. It comes in handy when you end up bending or breaking screws.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back