complete tools for talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARRMAgeddon

Reaction score
Can someone post the complete tools needed for the arrma talion?
I only have a couple mip tools i want to order more to take apart this rig

@ARRMAgeddon these are the tools you'll need for the Arrma Talion:

Hex Wrenches
  • 1.5mm
  • 2mm
  • 2.5mm
  • 3mm
  • 5mm
Nut Drivers
  • M3 nut driver
  • M4 nut driver
  • M2.5 nut driver

Or to make things simple, you can pick up this Dynamite took kit that comes with everything you need, with the exception of the 5mm hex wrench. Or if you're looking for a more complete setup check out our Tools for getting started in RC thread.

@ARRMAgeddon these are the tools you'll need for the Arrma Talion:

Hex Wrenches
  • 1.5mm
  • 2mm
  • 2.5mm
  • 3mm
  • 5mm
Nut Drivers
  • M3 nut driver
  • M4 nut driver
  • M2.5 nut driver

Or to make things simple, you can pick up this Dynamite took kit that comes with everything you need, with the exception of the 5mm hex wrench. Or if you're looking for a more complete setup check out our Tools for getting started in RC thread.

Thanx woodie
Are those pretty good tools?
I have heard they used red loctite on the arrmas
Want to make sure i don't mess up the screws

The dynamite tools are a nice starter set. Arrma does not use red loctite on screws, nor should you.

I guess that guy was wrong about it then lol
He told me arrma used red loctite on the talion and kraton lol
Ill order that tools

Thanx

Red loctite is darn near permanent. This would be the first one heard of them using that in the talion, if any current owners can confirm or deny that would be great.

I just bought a set of dynamite Allen drivers. Love them compared to the Allen wrenches that came with my traxxas trucks that I've been using for 5 years...lol

I just bought a set of dynamite Allen drivers. Love them compared to the Allen wrenches that came with my traxxas trucks that I've been using for 5 years...lol

Just ordered this one also
Anything else i need besides this one to work on the talion?

Attachments

• 51QZTYC5AvL._SY400_.jpg
    51QZTYC5AvL._SY400_.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 60
That looks like I nice set. I'd recommend some decent screwdrivers (jewelers + 6" and 2" long #1, #2 Philips and 3/16 or 1/4" Flat blade), a pair of needlenose pliers, a 1/4 inch drive socket set (an inexpensive set by Stanley from Wal-Mart is good). I also keep a soldering iron handy, wire cutter/strippers, my battery operated 1/4 impact (for disassembly), rotary tool (Dremel type) with one of those big bit sets like from Harbor Freight or similar. A cheap digital caliper is good to have. A small extendable magnet for retrieving screws from nooks and crannies is good. I don't know specifics of the Talion, but these are what I consider mandatory for me.

How does the quality of the Hex drivers compare to one of the Integy Ti Nitride kits? It looks like a nice kit with lot of bits and bobs I've been looking for but if the drivers aren't strong enough to keep from round out my screws I'm not going to bother.

How does the quality of the Hex drivers compare to one of the Integy Ti Nitride kits? It looks like a nice kit with lot of bits and bobs I've been looking for but if the drivers aren't strong enough to keep from round out my screws I'm not going to bother.
The Dynamite set is awesome, I've used the same set for years. No wear at all on them, the tips are very high quality.

Also, about the red loctite mentioned earlier, absolutely no need for it. It is more or less permanent, and will usually require heat to remove. It is made for permanent applications and large fittings. Blue loctite is more than enough for our little hobby screws.

I just received my Dynamite tool kit today. I haven't used it yet but I am super impressed with the design and contents of the kit. Well worth the money. The wrench will be a fine turnbuckle wrench and is big enough to handle the Nero so that saved me a ton of searching and lots of money buying several turnbuckle wrenches. Thanks for the heads up on that one, Woodie.

Okay, just ordered the dynamite set. Started to get the one labeled as metric, but realized the ECX/HPI one has three more tools for the same price. We'll see how it does. I was repairing the rear bumper of the Arrna Senton the other night with the supplied wrenches. What a nightmare!

Im going to reorder mip tools again
Im beinging my mip tools on my vacation and leaving it there

MIP tools the best an rcman can get hehe

Red loctite is darn near permanent. This would be the first one heard of them using that in the talion, if any current owners can confirm or deny that would be great.
Found red locker on my pinion gear shaft. They had good locker on center diff screws too. Had to heet Allen wrench method to remove all. No child would be able to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back