Outcast Complete!!!! Well, almost.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
So want to take a vote, where should I christen the rebirth of my Outcast into a Notorious beast?
20190830_123515.jpg

I have a skatepark, bmx track, or an actual 1/8th scale track. ?

Thinking of the skatepark, so I can really send it.
Oh forgot the parts list.

m2c chassis, motor mount, ZRS shock upgrade, tower spindle brace

Just Bash It front & rear towers

Voltage Hobbies servo mount

futaba r304 reciever (binded to 4PV)

GKA braces, brace stop, Ackerman plate (still in transit)

Fast Eddy bearing kit

Castle bec set at 7.4

HV digital servo (no name) .06/26kg

Notorious real steel body (still in the paint shop ?)

Last edited:
Skate park! You get the best control and consistency at the parks. Hard on the suspension and chassis though, but that's kind of the way you built it. Nice work @Crewchief227

BMX, I don't do concrete!

I didn't think I'd like concrete til today. Even better when you have at least one ramp that jumps toward grass. Definitely wasn't as extreme on speed to take off, but a lot easier to control when the take off is always the same.

If you do concrete the way the 2040RC guys do, it's not so bad. Maybe they are just really good drivers, or maybe they take less risks, but I've not seen breakage on their channel.

Nose one hard into concrete and sh!t's breaking.
When I post my next video, I'll show you how tough Arrma is on steel and concrete??

I didn't think I'd like concrete til today. Even better when you have at least one ramp that jumps toward grass. Definitely wasn't as extreme on speed to take off, but a lot easier to control when the take off is always the same.
Actually I bashed the skatepark a dozen times on stock chassis, and braces. Still bolt straight, got a nice lead up pipe that shoots into 3 acres of groomed grass no one is usually near. I have done 15ft lazy backflips, and one double, but never have done a front flip with it. Gonna do it tomorrow, I don't have a gopro so perhaps I can rig something for my phone. Otherwise I have full on DSLRs and grip equipment.
All of the above

And what are these upgrades?

Nose one hard into concrete and sh!t's breaking.
Oh @bicketybam you're right those towers were tuff to drill, were yours Voltage? Because these 6mm jbi towers are tuff as nails. Went thru 3 bits drilling those two holes, even with cutting oil.

Last edited:
Actually I bashed the skatepark a dozen times on stock chassis, and braces. Still bolt straight, got a nice lead up pipe that shoots into 3 acres of groomed grass no one is usually near. I have done 15ft lazy backflips, and one double, but never have done a front flip with it. Gonna do it tomorrow, I don't have a gopro so perhaps I can rig something for my phone. Otherwise I have full on DSLRs and grip equipment.

Oh @bicketybam you're right those towers were tuff to drill, were yours Voltage? Because these 6mm jbi towers are tuff as nails. Went thru 3 bits drilling those two holes, even with cutting oil.
Front flips are killer. @bicketybam makes it look easy, but it's difficult and destructive. If you miss a front flip landing, the back end comes hard into the ground, upside down. I keep trying, and look at what it's doing to my truck???

Front flips are killer. @bicketybam makes it look easy, but it's difficult and destructive. If you miss a front flip landing, the back end comes hard into the ground, upside down. I keep trying, and look at what it's doing to my truck???
Yeah I broke the entire rear end off my Revo doing one.?

I tried to pull one at the track the other day, but didn’t have nearly enough traction at the jump to pull it off. Only half rotated. Not a high enough jump to have time to get it into reverse to pull it around either. ?

I tried to pull one at the track the other day, but didn’t have nearly enough traction at the jump to pull it off. Only half rotated. Not a high enough jump to have time to get it into reverse to pull it around either. ?
Actually when I did it, I had plenty of height and would have rotated fine (trx brakes are way stronger than the 185), but when it was a little past 90 degrees nose down I panicked and hit the throttle to pull her back to flat, but pulled to hard and she rotated back too far and landed right on her tail bone. ?

Update! The christening was cut short, not due to breakage?. However, the extended height of my jumps was giving me problems. Landed right every time in grass (went to the skatepark), but my battery, and orange motor cable kept coming unplugged from the impact. So, spread the male ends, added a few zip ties, and getting ready to burn up the rest of the pack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back