Granite Composite links vs. adjustable turnbuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedaling

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I recently bought my first RC car. It’s something for my son and I to do together. I was thinking about changing from the adjustable turnbuckles that came stock on my Granite Blx for the fixed composite. What would be the pitfalls of this decision. We have no tracks for racing and find small jumps. We also have found a few places for wall and fence rides which are super fun. Thanks for the help in advance.

None? They're cheaper and easier to replace? They don't bend permanently? Having adjustable links myself I have never changed them beyond setting them the first time. But I am not exactly trying to tune these things to run on a track or anything. I am certain real enthusiasts find tweaking toe and camber to be important but I am not that smart to be messing with things like that. . Yet(?)

I switched the ones from out granite to the adjustable type because we put typhon a arms on the granite and the composite links were too short.

None? They're cheaper and easier to replace? They don't bend permanently? Having adjustable links myself I have never changed them beyond setting them the first time. But I am not exactly trying to tune these things to run on a track or anything. I am certain real enthusiasts find tweaking toe and camber to be important but I am not that smart to be messing with things like that. . Yet(?)

I switched the ones from out granite to the adjustable type because we put typhon a arms on the granite and the composite links were too short.
I was thinking about putting typhon arms on my granite as well. I found typhon has fixed composite links as well. So you were happy with the fixed links?

Hmmm. . . Maybe the typhon Mega does have fixed links.

I was just expressing my opinion that the advantage to having adjustable links is lost on me and I never broke a fixed one. I have however bent a metal turnbuckle and you have to buy like 3 different bags to make a whole set of the adjustable kind.
Oh and also it took a lot of time to set them nice as opposed to just throwing in a new fixed one.

The v3 3s typhon has adjustable toe and camber turnbuckles on the front and adjustable camber turnbuckles on the rear only. cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back