Kraton Confused on which to buy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nudo77

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Im a bit confused...Im looking at buying an Arrma rc and have been looking at the nero line. Over on the nero side, everyone says buy a kraton because the neros break to much. So, I come over here to read about the kraton. Almost every other tread talks about broken parts and issues. Makes no sense...

I own the Nero, Kraton, Talion and Outcast. The Nero brakes on nearly every run. While the other three keeps taking a beating and rarely ever brakes. I would stick with the Kraton platform.

The Nero is a fine Rc car. Many', including myself run these with no problems and no broken parts. They are heavy and fast, so that combination can be unforgiving in the case of a collision. They are a little more challenging to work on, but they are a marvel. Any you choose will be a pleasure

Thx, Im going to go with the big rock. Someone had some parts suggestions, like better grub screws with part number, stronger servo, and carry handle. I just bought all of that. Now to order the big rock.

Last edited:
The Kraton issue you are reading about is because the Kraton is so tough, that we continue to push the limits. Any car is going to break, at some time or another. And when you punish them the way we do the Kraton, well sometimes it's sooner rather than later.

You also have to keep in mind that these forums - and every other forum on just about any subject - are usually a tool for people looking for help with something. Forums wouldn't be a thing if people only came on and said, "I love my____" It would be completely boring.

You also have to keep in mind that these forums - and every other forum on just about any subject - are usually a tool for people looking for help with something. Forums wouldn't be a thing if people only came on and said, "I love my____" It would be completely boring.

Also, and along those same lines. In a customer service study only1 of 12 customers will report a GOOD experience. And a customer who had a bad experience will tell 10 people, on average. We are much more likely to report problems, than we are to report satisfaction.

Also, and along those same lines. In a customer service study only1 of 12 customers will report a GOOD experience. And a customer who had a bad experience will tell 10 people, on average. We are much more likely to report problems, than we are to report satisfaction.

Exactly

I have Nero and Talion. Im not the words best driver and have crashed my Nero multiple times. Only broke a tie rod end....otherwise no problems. Nero Is a beast heavy but a beast. Talion is a great truck to haven't broken anything at all. The weight makes a big difference in handling. On 4s my Talion can wheelie down the block. It takes 6s for my nero to do that, I love them both you can't go wrong with either one.

Im a bit confused...Im looking at buying an Arrma rc and have been looking at the nero line. Over on the nero side, everyone says buy a kraton because the neros break to much. So, I come over here to read about the kraton. Almost every other tread talks about broken parts and issues. Makes no sense...
I own two Kratons and a diff brain Nero....if you're into bashing go with the Kraton...I've upgraded my Nero and it takes a beating now..that said get a Kraton...so easy to work on...you won't be disappointed.

I have a Typhon a talian a kraton a out cast and a bigrock and the only problem ive have was spur gears other than that the are all out standing. im wondering if they will ever venture in to making and putting out a drone?

I have a Typhon a talian a kraton a out cast and a bigrock and the only problem ive have was spur gears other than that the are all out standing. im wondering if they will ever venture in to making and putting out a drone?
Good to hear. My Big Rock will be delivered Monday, cant wait.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back