Confused. Which 3S Slipper Clutch Maintenance Kit is Correct to Purchase?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
I am not doing a 3S slipper clutch maintenace right now. However, there are two kits that are listed. If and when I do it, it will be for the newest Big Rock BLX v3. I do have the Granite BLX v2 but I think if I remember correctly the input gear is different between the two but not sure cannot remember. So I will focus on the Big Rock.

So we have kits:
ARA310882 This kit is older but has the metal fitting in the cap
ARA311033 This is the most recent added per Amain

Which one is correct for the BR? The whole process is still very confusing to me so much back and forth on how to set it, the number of turns, TL or not to TL....but until I cross that bridge I would like to have the right set.

Thx

There both the same just one has a metal lined thread in that lil tiny peice I would recommend getting the one with the metal less likely to strip when maintenance is needed
& no TL is needed & tighten it in between firm & snug if that makes sense lol im sure others will chime in who kno exactly how many turn is needed

There both the same just one has a metal lined thread in that lil tiny peice I would recommend getting the one with the metal less likely to strip when maintenance is needed

Just confusing based on the date Amain shows it was added if the one with the metal-lined thread is better than the one without they show the one without as the newest added. Thx

The second one without the metal, just the plastic nut, is for the V3 4x4 BLX rigs. The one with the metal inside the plastic nut is for the V2 and V1 versions and would require thread lock as it would be metal on metal with the slipper screw.

The second one without the metal, just the plastic nut, is for the V3 4x4 BLX rigs. The one with the metal inside the plastic nut is for the V2 and V1 versions and would require thread lock as it would be metal on metal with the slipper screw.
Thank you....also would make sense on the release dates as well as the model release.

I am not doing a 3S slipper clutch maintenace right now. However, there are two kits that are listed. If and when I do it, it will be for the newest Big Rock BLX v3. I do have the Granite BLX v2 but I think if I remember correctly the input gear is different between the two but not sure cannot remember. So I will focus on the Big Rock.

So we have kits:

Which one is correct for the BR? The whole process is still very confusing to me so much back and forth on how to set it, the number of turns, TL or not to TL....but until I cross that bridge I would like to have the right set.

Thx
This video shows the best and easiest way to set the 3S and 4S slipper:

So we have kits:

Thx
I don't like the plastic nut. I don't use it. I like the threaded hub and use thread lock.

I don't like the plastic nut. I don't use it. I like the threaded hub and use thread lock.
I would love to see a poll on who does the same as you. Without knowing any of this, I would think threading it would be better....but I am green in this area.

Thx

I don't use the plastic nut on my V3 Big Rock either. I have the HR steel rear diff input gear and ring gear coupled with the Arrma composite diff cup. The HR input gear is longer than the stock V3 input and decided to run without the plastic nut and use thread lock instead of cutting the input gear just to be able to use the plastic nut.

I would love to see a poll on who does the same as you. Without knowing any of this, I would think threading it would be better....but I am green in this area.

Thx
That damn plastic nut sheared the little screw off on two of my slippers, each time was slowly turning the screw trying to take it apart...not tightening it. So each time had to buy a new hub and get a new screw. So got new hubs that are threaded without the plastic nut, and use locktight.

That metal nut was only need when the clutch didnt have a threaded part ont the rear hub. If you use the metal insert on the new clutches of the v3 with the shortened sun gear shafts, you might run the risk of having the v1-v2 problems of the clutch coming loose

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back