Connecticut Connecticut RC enthusiast rollcall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to RC and local to RC Madness. The shop is great, I'd love to rip that dirt track outside!

I'm going to try to attend the bash event
That bash event will be the first one can't wait for that day,I gonna bring some.ofy rigs to see in what I compete and what I brake that day🤣🤣🤣

How does Falcon BMX track work? It looks amazing in that picture. Do you pay, do they have hours, are there kids on bikes there?.... or is it just like some town park that's just there to play in and might just randomly be a bike like a skateboarder at a skate park?

I'm in central CT. I'm finding better crawling spots than bashing tbh. Plenty of big fields, but I get bored on flats fast. Henry Park in vernon is OK. Vernon Middle School and the town public gardens is on a big hill with a driveway/road across it that gives some fun berms to hit. Nothing fantastic though. Small skate park in South Windsor, but always kids on it - too small to co-exist :) OK if no one's there though. Also an old, not great (but also usually empty) skate park behind Sage Park school in Windsor. Also a tiny skate park in some town (Enfield?) park like a mile or two southeast of RCMadness.

I've also checked out mountain biking trails I used to ride, but they aren't good for bashers. Fun crawling though!

We usually hit the track on Friday as they tend to have the bmx races on weekends. Sometimes there’s kids on bikes, but most of us tend to play nice & share the track. No fee to use it.

No fences no gate, it's always accessible.

Wow that’s great. Hoping for a dry warm day to go check it out. I don’t want to wait until spring.

Post up here when you plan on going, tried to get a group here for a bashing session last summer but I ended up not even touching any of my RCs the whole summer....

Almost every time I go up to RCM , there are some people running on the dirt track , you guys may want to head up there and rip around on it , big high drivers stand so you can see the whole track , break a part , go inside and get it !! Plugs for charging , bathrooms , etc .
This is the dirt track ....

I have yet to visit RCM and would def do so at some point, too bad it's about an hour away from me so I can't go too often

Bashing day coming this year soon,as they are putting together the schedule,more info to come

Post up here when you plan on going, tried to get a group here for a bashing session last summer but I ended up not even touching any of my RCs the whole summer....

Definitely. Hoping for a decent day during the winter. I just got a new beast of an RC for xmas that I've only had out for a few packs so far. BMX track would be perfect.

RCMadness is definitely the real deal though. As much as I'd like to live out west where the options are endless, I feel lucky to have that spot within 1/2 hour drive of me. The dirt track is really fun when it's not in use or in reconstruction (which isn't that hard to work around - call first if it's a long drive). I think they limit it to 1/8 scale, but they aren't uptight about anything... I mean if you crash your 1/5 scale into the dirt 20 times to dig up the landing, they might say something. I've had my 1/7 fireteam (and smaller's) on it many times (not during races).

Fair warning - coming up short on a gap jumps (the race track) does much more damage than coming up short on a table top (bmx track)! The race tracks are all gaps because - well.... I guess they are good drivers, unlike me lol. My fireteam coming up short and slamming into the front edge of the landing mound is not pretty as it cartwheels the next 20 yards. BMX tracks look more forgiving. I think the real answer is I need to be a better driver though. But now I have a big DBXL-e 2.0 I'd love to run on a track but probably would be pushing my luck at RCM (especially with my limited skills).

RCM also has a really fun crawling course out back too btw if you're into that. I even have an old losi 22-4 racing buggy I rebuilt off craigslist to run on the carpet track just for fun. Boy that's like a video game with the reflexes. It's fun though and I don't (couldn't compete) race - just do laps with that old car for fun when no one's around. Great place though for driving and also shopping in general. I used to not be able to even do a single lap without crashing though lol.

And if you do ever just want to be humbled at your driving skills, come up during a race night - indoor carpet, or that outdoor dirt - either way.... if you aren't already into that scene, you might be surprised or impressed at least.
Bashing day coming this year soon,as they are putting together the schedule,more info to come
Were they trying to schedule a winter one? I did hit one in late fall some time. The only thing is that I am probably not a 'legit' basher tbh. They set up some good jumps for those 'send it to the moon' runs. I broke the crap out of my granite doing that. I'm more of an 'intermediate' basher, not a 'send it to the moon' basher, so it was a fun day but not really what I'd do every time. I jump far, but generally keep the rubber side down to reduce repairs. I'd definitely come out though... great crew and great place.

Last edited:
I was at both bash days this year , you were there ? Last one , Oct 15th was when I broke the crap out of my Xmaxx !!! LOL

Yup a least i was in the last one and first my xmaxx the rear diff goes bad like always(sold in the past days,no more headaches) Teckno MT410 I beat the crap out that car( back running like nothing)Mojo came back in one piece and K6 and the Noto 6s just too much fun.lets see how the O8S do this next bashing day whit M2C on it 👍👍

I was at both bash days this year , you were there ? Last one , Oct 15th was when I broke the crap out of my Xmaxx !!! LOL
lol yes i was there with a fireteam with an infraction body on it. Also a granite that I destroyed completely ! Not my normal bashing scene, but was really fun. I think everyone broke something that day!

Here's a credit to RC madness! My Granite threw a tire, and I have the upgraded rear driveshafts, and long story short if you aren't familiar with them - if the wheel comes off, the sleeves and couplers on the driveshaft really poop the bed. So I lost a wheel and subsequently lost a pin in that driveshaft because of it. It was a bash day - but Tyler at the shop too my part out back and found some random pin stock, cut a right size pin for me off it, and sent me back on my way. No charge. I definitely like to give them my business when I can.

Have all the M2C parts that I had on the Xmaxx for sale,motor mount,rear motor mount, wide kit,split center shaft,front,rear set of hinge pins,chassis brace,selling all those parts together.
Max 5 whit Ec5 connectors and a 1250kv motor 💰💰

Yup a least i was in the last one and first my xmaxx the rear diff goes bad like always(sold in the past days,no more headaches) Teckno MT410 I beat the crap out that car( back running like nothing)Mojo came back in one piece and K6 and the Noto 6s just too much fun.lets see how the O8S do this next bashing day whit M2C on it 👍👍

I'm interested in the MT410, but don't tell anyone. lemme know the next time you're out there. I have a typhon and granite 3s, but am really liking the idea of a MT410 in that spot.

Man since I started the hobby what they don't have in stock I bought online but 75% of the time I buy it from them,we have to support the HS and yes my Granite she's my Shelf Queen now
I'm interested in the MT410, but don't tell anyone. lemme know the next time you're out there. I have a typhon and granite 3s, but am really liking the idea of a MT410 in that spot.
Got my MT410 whit the Spectrum 2050kv combo on 6s and is just 🤣🤣😅😅all the time

I don't know if I'm right?? U was the person that jump a truggy like 1,000 times???🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Was there today and probably stop by tomorrow to grab something, love to be there,is a 12 mins drive for me👍👍

I don't know if I'm right?? U was the person that jump a truggy like 1,000 times???🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Was there today and probably stop by tomorrow to grab something, love to be there,is a 12 mins drive for me👍👍
No , we only have SC trucks . The yellow/pink and copper colored one in my avatar . You only live 12 min from there , and you don't race ??? LOL I'd be there a lot more !!!!

Oh ok they run those on new years event,was so cool

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back