Kraton Consider to buy Kraton 6s v5 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotwheel85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hello!

I have experience with the k8s and i wonder how the 6s is out of the box.

On my k8s it was not possible to open the center diff without breaking it because the screws was overglued.
But it is a tank of a truck, highest durability i ever seen in this hobby, and i hope the 6s v5 is just as strong :)

Does this trucks suffer from over glued screws on the diffs?
Want to change the center oil right away, what oil make it have better performance and popping wheelies easily? Stock front and rear diff oil ok or do i need to make sure it’s full and not close to empty?

Kinda sceptic about the transmitter slt3, is it ok use for a kid or could the truck drive of its own or easily loose signal?

Have readed some people have signal issues with it and someone say it’s responsive and great vs the one on the v4.

Think im going to order this truck now while it’s on 20% discount, must be one of the best purchases out there for the money one pay!

My kid is going to use it mostly, would i be ok with the exb rear chassis brace or could it need some more upgrades before we start running it?

Thanks for support people :)

My kraton 6s exb had some tight screws, I only stripped one out of the box. But I had crap drivers. I now have MiP’s hand drivers, and 1/4” drill bit hex drivers. And haven’t stripped a single screw on the kraton or my typhon. I hear using heat is a good practice on newer vehicles important stuff too, lol

Yes, the K6S is a great truck and a lot of fun to work on.

As it has been mentioned, use heat to soften the threadlocker if you encounter a stuck screw.

There are numerous threads here on the recommended upgrades for the K6S. You can check these out. IMO, a front bumper and aluminum chassis braces are mandatory upgrades if your kid want to jump the truck. The shock towers are a weak spot on the RTR, but wait until they bend before replacing them.

I find the SLT3 radio to be perfectly adequate. The STX2 that came on the V4 was the bad one.

Like any rig always check fluids and tighten all screws. I'd suggest 500k center for better wheelies and power distribution. Also go heavier in front diff like 50k+ and can stay stock in rear or go to 20-30k. I wouldn't waste the money on the EXB braces just spend the little bit more for M2C, also I'd suggest picking up the M2C ackerman as well especially if your going to bash it a little harder or jump it. Also as said above want to get a front bumper to protect the front end the EXB basher bumper has held up great for me the last few months so far. Also I suggest a good fan to keep motor temps down and upgrade ESC fan also to keep it from going into thermal shutdown.

My SLT3 works good, way better than the STX2 from the V4s. Chassis braces are always a good idea over the cheap plastic ones on the V5.

Hello!

I have experience with the k8s and i wonder how the 6s is out of the box.

On my k8s it was not possible to open the center diff without breaking it because the screws was overglued.
But it is a tank of a truck, highest durability i ever seen in this hobby, and i hope the 6s v5 is just as strong :)

Does this trucks suffer from over glued screws on the diffs?
Want to change the center oil right away, what oil make it have better performance and popping wheelies easily? Stock front and rear diff oil ok or do i need to make sure it’s full and not close to empty?

Kinda sceptic about the transmitter slt3, is it ok use for a kid or could the truck drive of its own or easily loose signal?

Have readed some people have signal issues with it and someone say it’s responsive and great vs the one on the v4.

Think im going to order this truck now while it’s on 20% discount, must be one of the best purchases out there for the money one pay!

My kid is going to use it mostly, would i be ok with the exb rear chassis brace or could it need some more upgrades before we start running it?

Thanks for support people :)
Where do you see 20% discount? Is that at your local hobby shop? I'm interested in this truck or builder a 8S roller.

Thanks a lot for the answers, then he can keep the controller and use it as it is.
Also nice to know about the front bummer. I like to fix everything before using it for the first time :)

The diff oil i would also change them out im the thickness mention above. But im still not looking forward to open the center diff it it’s glued so much, i used heat on my k8s and only 2 came out without snapping, less of an issue if the local dealer have a new diff cup in stock offcorse.
Where do you see 20% discount? Is that at your local hobby shop? I'm interested in this truck or builder a 8S roller.
They sell it in a internet store that cover Sweden, Denmark and Norway, name is elefun :)

Last edited:
The stock k6s rtr diffs are plastic with a metal top/spur. I didn't have any issues with taking mine apart. And as for factory threadlocker, I don't even think they used any on some metal to metal connections.

I Wonder if this truck count 5 cells if i connect one 3s and one 2s with same Brand C rate and mah?
Im affraid 6s would be way too overpowered for a kid 😅
Remember i had a mamba monster 1/8 combo and on 6s it was too much. How would the spektrum combo be vs mamba monster?

I think a 5s battery is recognized as a lvc 6s. You could do 2 2s batteries for 4s total. Or if the factory remote turn 6s down to 50 or 75%

Great opertunity to chooce between 50% and 75% power on the remote!
Would be better to buy 6s from start and then he can learn using it that way :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back