Considering getting a 2nd rig - suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so looks like chassis and suspension arms have been beefed up as well.

So, what's the better option, EXB or V5 Kraton?

So confused now!

Seems odd that they'd do an EXB Kraton, then update the regular version so soon after.

Is there likely to be an EXB V5 soon?

So confused now!

Seems odd that they'd do an EXB Kraton, then update the regular version so soon after.

We haven't even seen the V5 in anything outside of promo videos, no one knows.

The V5 has the same suspension geometry and chassis shape as the EXB, but not the same aluminum alloy. The EXB is going to the be toughest off the shelf version of each Arrma model. The regular version is RTR without all of the higher grade parts. No need to be confused, you either want the roller to add your own electronics or the v5 with the base model components.

No, there isn't going to be an EXB V5, it would be V2 and the only difference will likely be the differentials.

So confused now!

There will be an EXB V2 sooner than a V5 ??

We haven't even seen the V5 in anything outside of promo videos, no one knows.

The V5 has the same suspension geometry and chassis shape as the EXB, but not the same aluminum alloy. The EXB is going to the be toughest off the shelf version of each Arrma model. The regular version is RTR without all of the higher grade parts. No need to be confused, you either want the roller to add your own electronics or the v5 with the base model components.

No, there isn't going to be an EXB V5, it would be V2 and the only difference will likely be the differentials.
No, what confuses me is whether the EXB version of the Kraton is based on the V4 or V5? You say it has the geometry of the V5, so sounds more like it's already based off the V5?

There will be an EXB V2 sooner than a V5 ??
You know what I mean - an EXB based on the Kraton V5. Or is that what the Kraton EXB is? Does it have the V4 suspension geometry and arms, or the V5? And what about the other parts that changed from V4 to V5 - does the EXB have a mix of both, or all V4 parts or all V5 parts?

You know what I mean - an EXB based on the Kraton V5. Or is that what the Kraton EXB is? Does it have the V4 suspension geometry and arms, or the V5? And what about the other parts that changed from V4 to V5 - does the EXB have a mix of both, or all V4 parts or all V5 parts?
The EXB is what the V5 is going to be based off of. They share some of the same parts, yes. I can tell you the control arms are from the EXB. They also have the same wing.

EXB exploded view

V5 exploded view

Enough research in those two pages should help you determine which parts are interchangeable.

The V5 is more EXB than it is V4

OK, so essentially the EXB is still the Daddy and has all the latest upgrades found on the V5, plus more (and obviously minus the electronics).

OK, so essentially the EXB is still the Daddy and has all the latest upgrades found on the V5, plus more (and obviously minus the electronics).

Yes EXB is still the Daddy, but you have that backwards, the V5 is a toned down EXB with rtr electronics.

No they aren't, they are mid tier rc cars. You want top of the line you need to look at MCD Racing and prepare to open up your wallet.
Although I agree that MCD is top tier, ARRMA LIPO cars and MCD Nitro cars have two very different target markets. I would say that in each segment of their respective target market, both are top tier.

No they aren't, they are mid tier rc cars. You want top of the line you need to look at MCD Racing and prepare to open up your wallet.
With all due respect, Mr. Slick, you are smoking crack if you think anyone is bashing with an MCD rig ? they aren't even in the same league... MCD is straight up racing, Arrma is nothing but bashing. We're talking $600 vs $3,500

With all due respect, Mr. Slick, you are smoking crack if you think anyone is bashing with an MCD rig ? they aren't even in the same league... MCD is straight up racing, Arrma is nothing but bashing. We're talking $600 vs $3,500
That's exactly what I'm saying. They are two very different cars with two very different target markets.

MCD: Racing
ARRMA: Bash

An analogy:

You wouldn't compare an F1(MCD) race car with a Tesla(ARRMA 6-8S). You also would never run an F1 on the street. Or for that matter, a Tesla on a racetrack.

Two completely different markets. The F1 may cost significantly more but you can't say the Tesla isn't top tier in the market for which it competes against - Ford, Chevy etc.(Traxxas).

Last edited:
Yes. Going to Arrma.com is were you can see all the differences. But there is a huge cost difference depending on what you already or don't already own. Really can't go wrong as these are the top of the food chain rc trucks were talking about.

He clearly says top of the chain rc truck, nothing was said on his part nor my part about bashing.

Although I agree that MCD is top tier, ARRMA LIPO cars and MCD Nitro cars have two very different target markets. I would say that in each segment of their respective target market, both are top tier.

Sure if you want to separate things like that. But in the context that he was talking about I stand behind my statement.
That's exactly what I'm saying. They are two very different cars with two very different target markets.

MCD: Racing
ARRMA: Bash

An analogy:

You wouldn't compare an F1(MCD) race car with a Tesla(ARRMA 6-8S). You also would never run an F1 on the street. Or for that matter, a Tesla on a racetrack.

Two completely different markets. The F1 may cost significantly more but you can't say the Tesla isn't top tier in the market for which it competes against - Ford, Chevy etc.(Traxxas).

Also, only my wife can call me Mr. Slick.
What?

https://electrek.co/2020/07/28/tesla-model-3-race-car-breaks-track-record-sets-pikes-peak/

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back