Outcast Constant slipper clutch issues...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The definition of full tight can be open to interpretation I guess. I can't break anything getting to my definition of full tight. I don't use force to keep screwing in until I can't anymore, on the slipper or any other screws. I hate stripped screws. Maybe screw it until it's "snug" is a better word.

Last edited:
The definition of full tight can be open to interpretation I guess. I can't break anything getting to my definition of full tight. I don't use force to keep screwing in until I can't anymore, on the slipper or any other screws. I hate stripped screws. Maybe screw it until it's "snug" is a better word.
I understand your way. That’s what I tried too. And still broke hubs. I get it. It hasn’t happened to you yet so you don’t see a fault. Others have. That why we say it’s not a good idea.

I gotta love people creating threads but they never reply again when people start to help:/. To my eyes ditch the blue threadlock and use red it will alow you to adjust your slipper on the field without falling apart after you did and will never loosen itself out but removing it is a bit of a pain because you have to break the threadlock in the edge of the screw a lot of back and foward so try removing most of the threadlock when you finished threading the slipper. I prefer that than having a loose clutch

I see everyone has a slightly different opinion on the tightness. My Outcast split the rear side output spine on the slipper on my 3rd pack. I guess the slipper got loose because that gearbox was pretty hot. After installing the new slipper, I tightened it with a 1/2 out. I’ll check it out tomorrow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back