Granite Construction site Voltage run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
We had a blast yesterday! Our normal spot at the park was too damn crowded (no masks in Texas now and my wife can’t take risks at this time) and It was a blast!

The blue one I updated bushed, the red one with a basic brushless. We beat the crap out of them 😂 I am three of these and have yet to truly break one. I found the C clamps limitations though when I clipped a construction pipe full bore. But it was just a C clamp nothing else.

I intentionally hit a lot of rocks and stuff yesterday because I’m trying to see what the arms can take…capped with 3 layers of gorilla tape. All three layers of the tape are beat to poop but there’s barely scratches on the arms. I know this won’t help the connection to the body or heavy impact breaks but maybe it does help a bit. I think the plastics are heavily scored by impacts and it weakens them. Stoping the heavy scoring helps retain the physical characteristics of the piece? That’s what I believe and I’m sticking with it because at least my arms stay nice looking.

E742F345-C7A1-454D-9D54-6BBBA4141895.jpeg

436FEDC0-4B2A-42CF-9AAB-B1ECDFC88880.jpeg

That place looks like a perfect spot to blow off steam with your voltage.
We go there weekly and it’s constantly changing. Last week they trucked huge piles of ground limestone so we were dusted out so bad it was frustrating. Still Fun but clean up sucked lol

Looks fun. How are your stock wheels holding up to brushless power?

I finally put a brushless system in mine and both rear wheel hubs stripped in the first ten minutes.

Looks fun. How are your stock wheels holding up to brushless power?

I finally put a brushless system in mine and both rear wheel hubs stripped in the first ten minutes.
Yup, out of 12 total tires, 3 have stripped the hex and a 4th is partial so I gorilla glued them all 😂 it works. Mostly.
Yup, out of 12 total tires, 3 have stripped the hex and a 4th is partial so I gorilla glued them all 😂 it works. Mostly.
…it failed on 2 tires so I used model glue. One of these failed so I use super glue. I now I can’t get that damn tire off the car. Kind of super glued it to the car…The car that I put together wrong that I now I have to take apart. Feels solid at least.

Man I wonder what I did wrong with the transmission on redneck truk. It’s not like they’re complex. Probably a third beer issue.

Last edited:

…it failed on 2 tires so I used model glue. One of these failed so I use super glue. I now I can’t get that damn tire off the car. Kind of super glued it to the car…The car that I put together wrong that I now I have to take apart. Feels solid at least.

Man I wonder what I did wrong with the transmission on redneck truk. It’s not like they’re complex. Probably a third beer issue.
What a dumbass error 🙄 After taking the entire car apart again and thoroughly checking the transmission area…I realized one of the inboard drive cups had stripped out where it connected to the differential. A two minute fix I did 45 min later after putting the car back together 😂

Total amount of time invested in fixing it (Taking it apart and putting it back together again and then taking it apart and putting it back together again) bout 3 hours.
What a dumbass error 🙄 After taking the entire car apart again and thoroughly checking the transmission area…I realized one of the inboard drive cups had stripped out where it connected to the differential. A two minute fix I did 45 min later after putting the car back together 😂

Total amount of time invested in fixing it (Taking it apart and putting it back together again and then taking it apart and putting it back together again) bout 3 hours.
It drives great now at least. I serviced the differential, filling it full of 10K fluid and it’s evened out the rear power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back