Kraton Controller options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats great, appreciate your response. This is good to here. I will definitely try it out on one of my 4s rigs first. I have 4 Arrmas with the new crappy radio and don't trust them at all.

I've heard so many negatives on the DX3R over the years, go figure.

One thing I've read about it years ago was someone said not to put the rubber cap over the antenna wire at the top of the antenna tube, to let it just come out the top and leave it like that. Didn't make a whole lot of sense to me but thought it was something to do with reception or glitching. Any thoughts on this?
Hey I'm glad I could help out, definitely try it out on a smaller rig first, might wanna try a new receiver and set your failsafe. Sad to hear about the radio because I was unaware of any issues. Only thing I ever heard was if you got one of the very first production runs, the receivers had to be re-bound often. As far as the antenna tube goes, I had read the same thing about letting the wire run out of the end of the antenna tube. I'm assuming it might have possibly been an issue with glitching? I usually run the upgraded High-Speed SR-2010 micro receivers with the small antenna in a small to medium sized tube. Here's a pic of what I usually run and I haven't had any issues.

Attachments

• Antenna tube.jpg
    Antenna tube.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 39
Just ordered one. C'mon FedEx!!
I love my FlySky Noble. No issues so far. Lots of range. Long battery run time, your car or truck will die several time before it requires a recharge. Oh, did I mention I drive left handed, haha. I hope you get it soon bro.

Hey I'm glad I could help out, definitely try it out on a smaller rig first, might wanna try a new receiver and set your failsafe. Sad to hear about the radio because I was unaware of any issues. Only thing I ever heard was if you got one of the very first production runs, the receivers had to be re-bound often. As far as the antenna tube goes, I had read the same thing about letting the wire run out of the end of the antenna tube. I'm assuming it might have possibly been an issue with glitching? I usually run the upgraded High-Speed SR-2010 micro receivers with the small antenna in a small to medium sized tube. Here's a pic of what I usually run and I haven't had any issues.
Yeah possibly this radio was a early production run as the steering wheel is different from yours.

It came with the SR3100 reciever. Do you know anything about this reciever?
Maby this reciever gave this model a bad name.
20190307_210639.jpg
20190601_175705.jpg

Yeah possibly this radio was a early production run as the steering wheel is different from yours.

It came with the SR3100 reciever. Do you know anything about this reciever?
Maby this reciever gave this model a bad name.

Reason my steering wheel's different is about 2 years ago I put a custom wheel on it Lolll. My radio I got new in 2011, so I'm pretty sure it's not one of the very first production versions. I think the DX3R first came out around 2008? If memory serves me correctly, you used to lookup the code from a serial number off a sticker in the battery tray, and you could find out what version you had. Only problem, like I had mentioned previously, that I know is from the first production version the receivers had to be re-bound frequently. Pretty sure it was the first batch of the SR-3100 receivers. As far as the SR-3100 receivers go, I do have a fair amount of experience with them. I don't know how old your SR-3100 is, you might consider swapping that one out for a newer one.. I can tell you I ran that receiver successfully for years with no problems but i never had first generation ones. I've even ran the ones made in Malaysia that you can get off E-Bay with fantastic results. One of the places I got my SR-3100 receivers from on Ebay had sold over 700 of them:eek::eek:, so I doubt that many would have sold if that receiver had issues. It looks like your receiver is an official Spektrum one. I'm including a pic of the 2 different style receivers. The one on the the right is the official Spektrum version, the one on the left is the reproduction version. Both have worked well for me, but I will say due to the age of my radio, I'm only using it in my 1/14th scale rigs, and my rock-crawler currently. I use a Futaba 7PX for all my other RC's...

Attachments

• Spektrum 3100's.jpg
    Spektrum 3100's.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 45
Ok cool, Yeah all my recievers are original, bought them directly from HH. Radio was bought around 08' or so too. I will just have to try one out and take things from there. Thanks again, much appreciated!!

I love my FlySky Noble. No issues so far. Lots of range. Long battery run time, your car or truck will die several time before it requires a recharge. Oh, did I mention I drive left handed, haha. I hope you get it soon bro.
Just got it all hooked up! This thing is badass! Battery is awesome! All the setting..... I need to figure out what telemetry kit to get... I dono and nothing anywhere.... 4 6s packs in Kraton and 75% on Tx.???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back