Senton CONVERSION, Big Rock 3s to Senton 3s to Typhon 3s to Kraton 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacSpacey

Reaction score
Hello kind peeps, I am getting ready to go to my local hobby store and I am going to start a new Conversion based on the lwb composite chassis that is shared with the Big Rock 3s the Senton 3s the Typhon 3s and the Kraton 4s
I have been very busy with the parts needed to get the job done
RIGHT
First thing is to choose with which base model you are using for your start point.
I think I have worked out the most budget friendly and also the easiest possible start with the base model being the Arrma Big Rock Crew Cab which is going to be converted into a Arrma Senton 3s
First the wheels are the most expensive part of the whole change.
So without further ado
You go and buy yourself an brand new
Big Rock CC
AND THEN GET THE FOLLOWING PARTS

AR320405 SC BUMPER SET
AR320406 NERF BARS
AR320407 BODY MOUNT SET
AR320419 LOWER SKIDPLATES
AR320421 SIDE GUARD

This is all installed on the

AR320397 COMPOSITE CHASSIS LWB
then put on the wheels
AR402204 DBOOTS FORTRESS SC TIRES
And then the body should fit without any problems
AR402204 SENTON BODY GREEN BLACK

The next time I will have worked out the next step in the Conversion Cycle

I hope you guys are enjoying the information that I've been working on for a couple of hours now. So Greetings from the Netherlands
MacSpacey OUT
PEACE!!!!

Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?

MacSpacey, greetings from the Ozark Mountain Range, midsouthern USA. It seems like you have a game plan all laid out. I hope your final product brings you many big smiles.

Bash on, Space Man.
Bash on...

I started with the granite and converted to a truggified Typhon, thinking of turning it into the new big rock now

Nice! I almost snagged a big rock but I love the short course body haha. But the tinkering bug has me and the giant suspension travel is calling to me

Senton to Big Rock...

Body (clear) - AR402284
Pre glued tires w/ black rims X4 - AR550052
Front body mount - AR320404
Front lower control arms X2 - AR330543
Front turn buckle rods X4 - AR330542
Bumpers (pair, black)- AR320460
Front bumper hinge plate - AR320401
Chassis side shields X2 - AR320463
Wheelie bar assembly - AR320613
Rear bumper hinge plate - AR320401
Rear bumper hinge pin - AR721335
Rear body mount - AR320404
Rear lower control arms X2 - AR330540
Rear turn buckle shafts X2 - AR330542 (same as front)

I haven't done it myself yet and some of this stuff is likely sold in pairs/sets. I'll correct as required once I do the conversion.

To do a true conversion you need senton arms and turnbuckles but it works with the longer big rock typhon parts and I actually prefer it that way. Senton also has 20t pinion instead of 15t
Oh yea the front skid is different too...

I have a Senton blx but don’t like the ground clearance. It’s to low for the type of land I have around me. Want to convert it to a MT. Is the parts list completed as shown here?

I have a Senton blx but don’t like the ground clearance. It’s to low for the type of land I have around me. Want to convert it to a MT. Is the parts list completed as shown here?
Really all you “need” is bigger tires. If you want to go full big rock you will want the longer arms and tierods as well as a body and mounts
Really all you “need” is bigger tires. If you want to go full big rock you will want the longer arms and tierods as well as a body and mounts
Big rock looks kinda cool with senton bumpers. Really all about how far you want to go and how much you want to spend

Thanks for the reply bud! I want to keep the Senton body as it is, gonna look for the parts and a body. Bumpers i agree on. Can always be replaced if broken. The wheels don’t necessarily have to be oem big rock, are the hex 14mm on a big rock?

Thanks for the reply bud! I want to keep the Senton body as it is, gonna look for the parts and a body. Bumpers i agree on. Can always be replaced if broken. The wheels don’t necessarily have to be oem big rock, are the hex 14mm on a big rock?
Yea 14 mm hex. The granite wheels/tires are a pretty good and cheap bolt on replacement for the senton to have more clearance. You will need to trim the body some for them

Senton to Big Rock...

Body (clear) - AR402284
Pre glued tires w/ black rims X4 - AR550052
Front body mount - AR320404
Front lower control arms X2 - AR330543
Front turn buckle rods X4 - AR330542
Bumpers (pair, black)- AR320460
Front bumper hinge plate - AR320401
Chassis side shields X2 - AR320463
Wheelie bar assembly - AR320613
Rear bumper hinge plate - AR320401
Rear bumper hinge pin - AR721335
Rear body mount - AR320404
Rear lower control arms X2 - AR330540
Rear turn buckle shafts X2 - AR330542 (same as front)

I haven't done it myself yet and some of this stuff is likely sold in pairs/sets. I'll correct as required once I do the conversion.
thank you ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back