Senton Convert senton to a true 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made the mistake of not reinforcing that body & smashed the Senton rollcage through the top part of the front window on a belly-up landing. I might make another hybrid with the C1 body one day & make it so it can wear the SC body too. I still have the SC body, but its been sitting in the shed for the longest waiting to be repaired.

I'm going to Gorilla tape everywhere and a foam layer between the cage and the body

Morning guys!

I started studying the conversion. Took the wheels off and measured the distance between the hex and the inner bearing.

About 36mm for the Kraton.

And 25mm for the Senton.

The final width would be about 315mm!

I'll go ahead and order the HPI Apache body and the Kraton parts.

Quick update: we've got a new body option, the Hobao 8SCe. Vas from Aussie RC playground did a review on this truck. He drove it like an animal and the body was OK.

If anybody else got another alternative, please, let me know.

So good to wrench on an Arrma! And it's even better when you know it like the back of your hand!

Doesn't look like much of a difference when it's unassembled.

Half way there!

All transferred to the new chassis.

The wheelbase is even a bit longer than the Kraton. Almost 10mm longer!

Another change made: the heftier Kraton's knuckles/wheel hubs and wheel hexes to achieve the desired total width.

New width: almost 306mm

Wheelbase: 385mm

Ready and working!

Old body is pretty much useless now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!

Hopefully the body will arrive this week and the short course truck of my dreams will be complete!

Oooh... this is so cooool! A bit surprised by the extra stretch of wheelbase! Keep it up! Loving your build and itching to start my own!

Oooh... this is so cooool! A bit surprised by the extra stretch of wheelbase! Keep it up! Loving your build and itching to start my own!

Thanks!

The difference is due to the way the rear arms are angled forwards, I think. The longer the arm, the shorter the wheelbase will be.

The car is basically ready. The Dusty Motors cover and the motor fan arrived yesterday. I also received the paint, but no body. Trouble is, I'm trying to contact the shop but no one answers, so I think it will be delayed quite a bit.

Man, like someone said in this thread, Arrma cars are basically Lego for grown ups. With all the parts at hand, took me just half an hour to do everything.

Next step, after the body, will be probably a set of ceramic bearings. I got some for my Kraton, I installed them but still did not run it. If it brings any real improvements, I'll definitely get one for my "Senton".

You are i germany, right? Where did you order and which body are you going with? Hobao, Associated or the HPI Apache? I think the Hpi is probably the best Looking with the sce8 a strong second..... the habao..... well.... its a study body according to the interwebs. However lookswise its, in my book, the least appetizing! I’m really curious to see How the extra cm in wheelbase works out....
keep the pics coming! Love it!?

You are i germany, right? Where did you order and which body are you going with? Hobao, Associated or the HPI Apache? I think the Hpi is probably the best Looking with the sce8 a strong second..... the habao..... well.... its a study body according to the interwebs. However lookswise its, in my book, the least appetizing! I’m really curious to see How the extra cm in wheelbase works out....
keep the pics coming! Love it!?

Yes, I got lost here in 2016 and decided to stay :ROFLMAO:! Just kidding! I went for the Hobao one due to the sturdiness and price. I ordered it from here. 44 euros with shipping. I plan getting another one just to show off, but the Hobao will be the bashing body. Just wish I could get something like the Pro-line Bash Armour they make for the Kraton.

You want some more photos? I was working on it just 5 minutes ago. I was installing the Dusty cover and the Hobbywing fan.

I really loved the new size with the wheels. It looks much more like a scale short course truck now. Much more proportional.

With the older brother! Almost twins! :love:

Tomorrow I'll receive the parts the Kraton donated to the "Senton" (I need a new name for it:LOL:), together with the Pro-line Bash Armour. Sunday will be a nice day!

Last edited:
Well... How about the Krenton? Cool. Thanks for the pics... I’m soon done with my current projekt...I call it ”the bastard” since its a mix of Typhon, kraton,talion and a little Losi scbe. Added are some chinese tires and rims... when this is one is done I’m finns start my ”krenton” build... here is a pix of the bastard in its current form...
9BD8FA98-CAF7-41B2-BDF7-B456EE8594BF.jpeg

and, yepp, its going ti be used hard! Talking of which, are you gonna add any tower to tower brace? I think its almost a must on a Long wheelbase Arrma. I like jumping! ?

Great news! Body has finally been shipped!

Now I have some more thoughts cursing me in the back of my head: what about an Arrma UDR?!

Any updates about the habao Body? Gonna order a hpi attk-8 Body tomorrow probably!:)

I put in an order for the hpi Body today. I'm hoping it will arrive soon....then I just have to find the time to actually build and spare time is in quite short supply unfortunatly. :-\

I put in an order for the hpi Body today. I'm hoping it will arrive soon....then I just have to find the time to actually build and spare time is in quite short supply unfortunatly. :-\

Just in!

Wheelbase is perfect!

Rear bumper fits pretty well

Front will need a bit of trimming for the bumper

The cage doesn't fit quite well, I'll try to assemble it backwards to see if improves and then put some foam to close the gap to the body

The rear marking for the body post are perfect

That's it! If tomorrow the weather improves here in the Schwarzwald, tomorrow will be a busy painting day!

Sweet! That looks great! Good work. Looking forward to pics in Paint soon!?

Just did the mounting holes, I'll need to mod the front body posts, the sit right under the hood wedge, but I have a plan already.

I inverted the cage it looks pretty better now.

I'll start masking it today. Can't wait to see this thing ready!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back