Senton Convert senton to a true 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much, I've trimmed the body and started masking, but there's so much dust from the trees outside that it will ruin my painting. I'm right in the middle of the Schwarzwald, so you can imagine the mess!

Well.... I hope you don't have any allergies! ?

I’m still waiting for my Hpi body to ship.... I have begun to deanodise some aluminium parts for the krenton but not much more....

Well.... I hope you don't have any allergies! ?

I’m still waiting for my Hpi body to ship.... I have begun to deanodise some aluminium parts for the krenton but not much more....

Ow, there's one thing I did. I printed a bigger radio box. I got a DX6R and the SR6000T receiver is much bigger. I also did it taller to fit the GPS telemetry sensor.

Cool. Are the yellow parts some kind of gasket? Did you print that as well? In what material?

Cool. Are the yellow parts some kind of gasket? Did you print that as well? In what material?

It's HobbyKing's flexible material, they don't specify but I think it's TPU.

There's a gasket and a kind of a cushion that I glued on the bottom to compensate the difference between the chassis plate and the side skirt.

Looks Good! ? its going to be cool to see the finished car!?

Wow! Its really aggressive....I like it!
Looks like there is plenty of room in the wheel arches? Are you going to put in some kind of interior fenders? Keeping some of the dirt out and perhaps saving the paint a bit or have you reinforced the inside of the arches i some other way?
What rims and tires are those?

Wow! Its really aggressive....I like it!
Looks like there is plenty of room in the wheel arches? Are you going to put in some kind of interior fenders? Keeping some of the dirt out and perhaps saving the paint a bit or have you reinforced the inside of the arches i some other way?
What rims and tires are those?

I Gorilla-taped the inside, I do it to all my bodies where there is friction

Regarding the debris inside, I installed this deflectors from the newer versions of the Arrma cars and also a dusty motor shroud

Regarding wheels/tires, I only know the brand is HRC, same group that makes the Team Magic cars. Came with the Senton, I bought it used.

Last edited:
Cool. Thanks for the link!
Have you run it yet? Hows the handling with the longer wheelbase?

The order for my body has finally changed status. Hoping for delivery next week. Then I should be good to go ahead with my build. I’m sorry to say it won’t be as rapid as yours but I’ll try ro post some pics when progress is made. Looking forward to your opinion of how the 1/8 senton handles!

The order for my body has finally changed status. Hoping for delivery next week. Then I should be good to go ahead with my build. I’m sorry to say it won’t be as rapid as yours but I’ll try ro post some pics when progress is made. Looking forward to your opinion of how the 1/8 senton handles!

Any news on your side?

After a run I had to trim the front a bit more because of the bumper, it was rubbing to the body and making some annoying noises.

Here is a Pic

That looks really sweet! Still waiting for My Body unfortunatly. Really excited about it! Tracking the parcel it looks as though it should arrive this week! Fingers crossed! :)

Well..... No body yet but using the time for other parts. A little progress....
63D25630-0821-4461-AD5F-8A5AE4E00A27.jpeg
these
pieces are not gonna be polished to bling. But its going to be Nice to be rid of all the red.... its getting a bit old. I like the natural color of the aluminium better..

Well..... No body yet but using the time for other parts. A little progress.... View attachment 38602these
pieces are not gonna be polished to bling. But its going to be Nice to be rid of all the red.... its getting a bit old. I like the natural color of the aluminium better..

I thought of doing this too. How did you do it?

I have to say I have deanodized quite a bit. If the aluminum is not cleaned and polished after the process it really starts to tarnish quite fast. The polishing with mother’s really keeps the parts in a satisfactory state.

I don't mind if it tarnishes a bit. I kind of like that raw metal feeling. I'm gonna lightly sand the aluminium, kind of brushed look and hope for the best.

I used a solution of roughly 1 part mr muscle draincleaner ( natriumhydroxid in swedish) to 20 parts water.
Its very efficient. Takes about 30 secs to a minut to clean of the anodization. I put the piece i was deanodising in for 10-20 secs and then up and rinse in plenty of water with a small brush. Then back for another round or two of the bath as needed. You have to be carefull though, I suspect that it isn' t any kinder to the aluminium than the anodization. Leave it to long and it will probably ruin the surface of the aluminum.

Its caustic ( soda ) so protect yourself accordingly!!!

Getting it in your eyes will seriously cramp your style! ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back