Senton Convert senton to a true 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone done the conversion?

If not would I only need to buy the typhon arms etc?
What are you trying to convert it to exactly? A 1/8 monster truck, truggy, buggy? Converting it to a Typhon would probably be the easiest since the Senton shares chassis and axles and a bunch of other stuff with the Typhon.

What are you trying to convert it to exactly? A 1/8 monster truck, truggy, buggy? Converting it to a Typhon would probably be the easiest since the Senton shares chassis and axles and a bunch of other stuff with the Typhon.

Yes i forgot to include that. Convert it to a true 1/8 short course truck so i can my mates unlimited desert racer

Yes i forgot to include that. Convert it to a true 1/8 short course truck so i can my mates unlimited desert racer
Oh yeah that will probably be more difficult. That may require some custom fabrication as it would maybe require a larger chassis but I don't know for sure. I would be interested in converting mine too if you get something figured out.

I thought the Traxxas UDR was more of a 1/7 scale. The AE Nomad and the Habao 8SC are more 'proper' 1/8 SC, and they are running truggy chassis.

The habao -

Oh thats right they are actually longer. Yeah add on another 6 inches and we should be okay then add the typhon or talion arms. Im from australia but ill ask my mate that works as a panel beater.

You might be on to something about the 6 inches . . .
0413181133_HDR.jpg

Left to right: Zennon, Kraton-Typhon-XO-1 Hybrid, Senton
The car in the middle has a Kraton chassis, Typhon arms/axles, & XO-1 parts. The Zennon is 2 SWB chassis cut & bolted together, Kraton arms/axles, 2 center diffs (one is locked), & 3 center dogbones. It has the wheelbase of a Super Baja Rey. But it's a bit wider so it will be hard to fit the body on it, but I'll make it work anyway :D

0413181135a_HDR.jpg

0413181134a_HDR.jpg

0413181137_HDR.jpg

0413181137b_HDR.jpg

0413181136_HDR.jpg

0413181139_HDR.jpg

The XO-1 body easily fits on the hybrid with minimal trimming while I can fit a ridiculous amount of 1/6 bodies on the Zennon. I have the Yeti XL body on it now.

0413181140_HDR.jpg

0413181142a_HDR.jpg

View attachment 17831
The car in the middle has a Kraton chassis, Typhon arms/axles, & XO-1 parts. The Zennon is 2 SWB chassis cut & bolted together, Kraton arms/axles, 2 center diffs (one is locked), & 3 center dogbones. It has the wheelbase of a Super Baja Rey. But it's a bit wider so it will be hard to fit the body on it, but I'll make it work anyway :D

View attachment 17832
View attachment 17833
View attachment 17834
View attachment 17835
View attachment 17836
View attachment 17837
The XO-1 body easily fits on the hybrid with minimal trimming while I can fit a ridiculous amount of 1/6 bodies on the Zennon. I have the Yeti XL body on it now.

View attachment 17838
View attachment 17839
Man that xl kraton is insane! Now i want one lol

Hi, which tires do you have on your Senton ?

View attachment 17831

View attachment 17832
View attachment 17833
View attachment 17834
View attachment 17835
View attachment 17836
View attachment 17837

View attachment 17838
View attachment 17839

The Zennon is 2 SWB chassis cut & bolted together, Kraton arms/axles, 2 center diffs (one is locked), & 3 center dogbones
View attachment 17836
Megasty - I see a huge problem here, needs to be addressed -

You have 2 motor mounts, 2 spur gears, but only ONE MOTOR!!! What is up with that!?! LOL...

Megasty - I see a huge problem here, needs to be addressed -

You have 2 motor mounts, 2 spur gears, but only ONE MOTOR!!! What is up with that!?! LOL...

The front spur is a locked spool. Right now, it's an 8S 70mph nutball. Every time I run the thing I can't help but think it's destroying itself :D
0620181517_HDR.jpg

Actually, the very 1st version was outfitted with 2 blx185 systems.
0215181210a_HDR.jpg

Both center diffs were locked & separated. The front motor powered the front wheels & ditto for the rear. It had plenty power on 2x4S & 2x6S but the single 8S system blows all of that out of the water & then some. Plus the thing was a handful to control w/o a functional center diff.

Hey guys, I'm reviving this post. I also want to make a bigger short course truck, something like a Team Associated Sc8e. I was checking wheelbase and it's pretty close to the Kraton, even smaller by 2mm. The overall width for the Sc8e is 311mm vs 295mm for the senton. I have a kraton v2 and I'm about to receive also a Senton v2. I was thinking, I could try swapping the arms and CVDs, throw some hex extensions to compensate the width and then I would need a bigger body and maybe wheels. I'll try it this weekend and see how it works. If everything goes well, I'll order a new kraton chassis plate and center dog bones. Problem will be finding the body. Not many options here in Germany.

I'll keep updating.

First post! ? I’m considering doing this as well and have a litle input. I plan to use the arms and axels of a Typhon. Standard front width of the buggy is 310 mm and rear 306. So near bang on spot with the sc8e’s 311 width. Just something to consider Maybe?
Love arrmas! Bigboy lego! ?

Hey guys, I'm reviving this post. I also want to make a bigger short course truck, something like a Team Associated Sc8e. I was checking wheelbase and it's pretty close to the Kraton, even smaller by 2mm. The overall width for the Sc8e is 311mm vs 295mm for the senton. I have a kraton v2 and I'm about to receive also a Senton v2. I was thinking, I could try swapping the arms and CVDs, throw some hex extensions to compensate the width and then I would need a bigger body and maybe wheels. I'll try it this weekend and see how it works. If everything goes well, I'll order a new kraton chassis plate and center dog bones. Problem will be finding the body. Not many options here in Germany.

I'll keep updating.
You're going to want to use Typhon arms/axles instead of the hex extensions. The shorter hubs on the Typhon/Senton don't do well with hex extensions. It might work with buggy or SCT tires but larger tires will destroy the bearings very fast. I just like to keep stress points to a minimum when doing these mods. The car above with the XO-1 body is the exact thing you're trying to achieve. It was a SCT before I fitted the XO-1 parts to it. It had a HPI Apache SC body which only lasted 7 or 8 runs. I wanted to find a HPI Apache C1 body but I saw an XO-1/Kraton hybrid on this forum so I had to do it. All of the XO-1 stuff is bolted on with 6 screws. So I can easily go back to a big buggy/SCT if I ever want to.

You're going to want to use Typhon arms/axles instead of the hex extensions. The shorter hubs on the Typhon/Senton don't do well with hex extensions. It might work with buggy or SCT tires but larger tires will destroy the bearings very fast. I just like to keep stress points to a minimum when doing these mods. The car above with the XO-1 body is the exact thing you're trying to achieve. It was a SCT before I fitted the XO-1 parts to it. It had a HPI Apache SC body which only lasted 7 or 8 runs. I wanted to find a HPI Apache C1 body but I saw an XO-1/Kraton hybrid on this forum so I had to do it. All of the XO-1 stuff is bolted on with 6 screws. So I can easily go back to a big buggy/SCT if I ever want to.

That's what I found out after a quick search. I was checking the exploded views and saw that there are different part numbers for the Senton and the Kraton. I also saw that the Kraton wheel axles are longer. My Senton arrived yesterday, I will start wrenching on it tomorrow. I'll combine the Senton arms and CVDs with the Kraton Hubs and wheel axles and check the difference in width with the wheels. If I get anything between 300-310mm, I'll proceed and buy the rest I need to make the conversion. I'll go with the HPI Apache SC body, I think it's the only option there is in the Market right now, at least here in Germany.

I made the mistake of not reinforcing that body & smashed the Senton rollcage through the top part of the front window on a belly-up landing. I might make another hybrid with the C1 body one day & make it so it can wear the SC body too. I still have the SC body, but its been sitting in the shed for the longest waiting to be repaired.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back