Big Rock Converted V2 Typhon to V3 BRCC (BLX185 Powered)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suchtragedy

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡ɯɹɐ loɹʇuoɔ ǝʞoɹq
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Limitless
  7. Kraton 6s
  8. Outcast 4s
  9. Typhon 3s
  10. Voltage
I decided to convert my V2 4s Typhon speedrun car back to a basher since I wasn't really driving the Typhon anymore because I am more focused on my Limitless >> Infraction >> Felony hybrid for speed running. Here's my previous Typhon build thread for those curious to see where this really started.

Anyways I wanted to share because I think it came out really clean and I really dig the look, especially with the Six Pack tires. I'm still waiting on the LWB side guards but here's how it turned out. Thank you for looking.
  • BLX185 esc w/custom printed center chassis mount
  • Modified half sized receiver box w/ custom printed lid
  • 4s capable 3674 2950kv motor w/18T pinion + 4s slipper + V3 motor module + Arrma 3s heatsink w/ dual Arrma fans
  • DS3218 servo
  • 2.8 Duratrax Six Pack MT belted tires (17mm) mounted on 3s Typhon axles/hexes
  • RPM Typhon arms
  • Traxxas XO-1 turnbuckles
  • Typhon 6s shocks (lowered slightly from speedrun build) w/ springs stolen from 4s eBay big bore shock set (70wt oil)
  • V3 BRCC body + V3 Granite bumpers + V3 wheelie bar
InShot_20201008_153216574.jpg

20201008_152502.jpg

20201008_152531.jpg

20201008_152801.jpg

Last edited:
Totally sick. I dig the black. ??And wow holy schit that’s a lot of power !
Haha thanks, I only plan to use it on 3s and maybe 4s so the esc doesn't max out, also hoping the lowered CG + LWB + wide stance will make it run really stable at speeds.

It looks good sitting next to my 4s powered granite frankenstein hybrid truck.

InShot_20201008_163909790.jpg

Last edited:
Haha thanks, I only plan to use it on 3s and maybe 4s so the esc doesn'tax out, also hoping the lowered CG + LWB + wide stance will make it run really stable at speeds.

It looks good sitting next to my 4s powered granite frankenstein hybrid truck.

View attachment 103662
Looks kinda talionish in stance.. should stay nice n low..

Been wanting to do the Notorious 4s Granite. What's required for the build?
Well for my OC4S body to fit I am using 3s typhon length RPM arms, 3s typhon turnbuckles, hot racing 17mm adapters (+10mm wider offset). So even after making it wider with Typhon arms and hot racing adapters I still had to trim a lot of the body by the front wheels to make clearance.

Finally got my LWB side guards in and also decided to add the OC4S roll bar with some thicc boi 4mm socket head screws on the top. I like the look but mostly wanted a convenient handle.

It's been hella rainy and windy here last few days but will be trying to get it out later hopefully today or tomorrow to test the whole set-up.
20201014_122251_copy_1008x756.jpg

20201014_122307_copy_1008x756.jpg

Finally got my LWB side guards in and also decided to add the OC4S roll bar with some thicc boi 4mm socket head screws on the top. I like the look but mostly wanted a convenient handle.

It's been hella rainy and windy here last few days but will be trying to get it out later hopefully today or tomorrow to test the whole set-up.
View attachment 104574

View attachment 104573
Thanks for the tire recommendation. I ran my six packs today and they are way better at speed than the MX28s. What’s strange is the centers don’t balloon at all, but the side walls still do. ??‍♂️

I decided to convert my V2 4s Typhon speedrun car back to a basher since I wasn't really driving the Typhon anymore because I am more focused on my Limitless >> Infraction >> Felony hybrid for speed running. Here's my previous Typhon build thread for those curious to see where this really started.

Anyways I wanted to share because I think it came out really clean and I really dig the look, especially with the Six Pack tires. I'm still waiting on the LWB side guards but here's how it turned out. Thank you for looking.
  • BLX185 esc w/custom printed center chassis mount
  • Modified half sized receiver box w/ custom printed lid
  • 4s capable 3674 2950kv motor w/18T pinion + 4s slipper + V3 motor module + Arrma 3s heatsink w/ dual Arrma fans
  • DS3218 servo
  • 2.8 Duratrax Six Pack MT belted tires (17mm) mounted on 3s Typhon axles/hexes
  • RPM Typhon arms
  • Traxxas XO-1 turnbuckles
  • Typhon 6s shocks (lowered slightly from speedrun build) w/ springs stolen from 4s eBay big bore shock set (70wt oil)
  • V3 BRCC body + V3 Granite bumpers + V3 wheelie bar
View attachment 103651

View attachment 103649

View attachment 103648

View attachment 103650
I have the same power system in my sons brcc... it flies!!! Got a write up on the receiver box?

I have the same power system in my sons brcc... it flies!!! Got a write up on the receiver box?
See the link to my typhon build in the 1st post, there's pics on what I did. The lid piece I made and printed myself. It's not really something I feel confident publishing for others to try because it has some dimension flaws that need some work and since it depends on cutting up the existing box and the result will vary slightly person to person there's no way I could guarantee good fitment.

Finally was able to take it out yesterday out to a big dirt/gravel lot and it drives pretty well on 3s. Good speed, stable at speeds in corners, slides very well, and off my ramp it sails through the air almost perfectly. Mid air rotation is maybe half of what my Granite is on 3s which I figure is a combination of lower kv motor, lwb, and the belted tires but still able to get about 1 big rotation off my ramp and it's pretty easy to predict/control. After running a full pack almost non stop the esc was just barely warm and the motor was still pretty cool too. Overall I really like this esc/motor/pinion/suspension/tire combo for this truck.

Only issues I had was the radio I have right now seems to be a bit laggy (FlySky GT3c) when truck is far away and rocks kept getting wedged in the steering and against the center drive shaft. I will probably add a dust cover to this setup and swap out to a dumbo radio and call it good. Overall a very good ground ripper/casual basher setup.

Wish the video I did on my phone came out better, but because the GT3c steering wheel is too far from my thumb to drive it well one handed it just looks like I don't know how to drive lol

Sweet. Which 3674 motor did you choose, how're temps? Is the 4s slipper better than the 3s?
Cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back