Outcast Converting an Outcast 4S to a Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One Thirty Eight

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
  2. Typhon 3s
Hey gang,

I did some searching and I found several posts discussing converting Outcasts to Kratons and back, but they are regarding the 6S versions (metal chassis, rear brace, etc). Has anyone converted the 4S models? I imagine it would require the long wheelbase chassis, center drive shaft, and maybe body mounts? I'm not sure what other 4S parts would be needed, aside from wheels/body/wing. If there's already posts for this, please berate me and point me in the right direction!

Hey gang,

I did some searching and I found several posts discussing converting Outcasts to Kratons and back, but they are regarding the 6S versions (metal chassis, rear brace, etc). Has anyone converted the 4S models? I imagine it would require the long wheelbase chassis, center drive shaft, and maybe body mounts? I'm not sure what other 4S parts would be needed, aside from wheels/body/wing. If there's already posts for this, please berate me and point me in the right direction!

LWB chassis
Centre driveshaft
Wheels/tires
Body
Wing

Arms, shocks, bodymounts, wheel driveshafts are all same parts

You basically just need the chassis, body and maybe the body mounts. You don't necessarily need to change the wing but you can. Center driveshaft is the same across all Mega, 3s BLX and 4s BLX models. I would stick with the Backflips as the Minnekowas aren't the greatest tires.

At the moment I am converting my Outcast 4s to a streched Outcast, as done by Rich D. The parts that you will need to do this..you can find in the reactions bellow the youtube video.

The rest of the parts you can probebly find at Jenny's RC if you are willing to convert to a Kraton 4s completly.

Last edited:
You basically just need the chassis, body and maybe the body mounts. You don't necessarily need to change the wing but you can. Center driveshaft is the same across all Mega, 3s BLX and 4s BLX models. I would stick with the Backflips as the Minnekowas aren't the greatest tires.

Damn.. Youre right.. They use the same driveshaft for either the LWB and SWB trucks..

I have been looking into this as well and am wondering, if the driveshafts are the same parts, why are the Arrma part numbers different? Outcast 4s driveshafts are AR310888 and Kraton driveshafts are ARAC9121. The pictures look the same, but I just don't see why they have different part numbers if they are EXACTLY the same. anyone have some insight into this?

I have been looking into this as well and am wondering, if the driveshafts are the same parts, why are the Arrma part numbers different? Outcast 4s driveshafts are AR310888 and Kraton driveshafts are ARAC9121. The pictures look the same, but I just don't see why they have different part numbers if they are EXACTLY the same. anyone have some insight into this?
I was mistaken they are in fact different. One is short and one is long.

You are just mixing up Arrma vs Horizon part numbers. Those are the same part, just different parts systems.

Annotation 2020-04-13 185958.png

Annotation 2020-04-13 185958-2.png

i think they are talking about the center shaft... ??

but while on the topic, nobody mentioned the center brace.. ?‍♂️
Yeah I was confused about that too, but he gave rear driveshaft part numbers. Then said one was K4S and the other OC4S. I wanted to make sure the next guy didn't come along and read poor info unchallenged. ?

Yeah I was confused about that too, but he gave rear driveshaft part numbers. Then said one was K4S and the other OC4S. I wanted to make sure the next guy didn't come along and read poor info unchallenged. ?

??? i didnt check the numbers.. good catch brother! ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back