Converting BLX Kraton to EXB- Diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Hi
I have an incoming 6S BLX and I'm wondering if the EXB diffs are drop in replacements? ie if I go to JennysRC and get the front, center and rear diffs, can I swap them out without any compatibility issues.

I've studied the parts list and it looks like the housings are the same?

On another note, is it a worthwhile upgrade or would the money be better spent elsewhere? Changing out the diffs will probably cost me 150 or so and I'm already planning on switching out the ESC and motor.

TIA

Hi
I have an incoming 6S BLX and I'm wondering if the EXB diffs are drop in replacements? ie if I go to JennysRC and get the front, center and rear diffs, can I swap them out without any compatibility issues.

I've studied the parts list and it looks like the housings are the same?

On another note, is it a worthwhile upgrade or would the money be better spent elsewhere? Changing out the diffs will probably cost me 150 or so and I'm already planning on switching out the ESC and motor.

TIA
Yes, they will fit with no mods, but stock diffs are fine and if you strip them you can always upgrade later.

I think money would be better spent on tires, wingmount and shock towers . etc.

IMHO

Yes, they will fit with no mods, but stock diffs are fine and if you strip them you can always upgrade later.

I think money would be better spent on tires, wingmount and shock towers . etc.

IMHO
X2

Diffs can last a long time, especially if your willing to put in the work to swap em all over to exb then take the time to setup your blx diffs and shim them properly how you like them. You’d have to do that with your exb ones anyhow🤷🏻‍♂️

Then take that 150 and buy some other much needed parts like mentioned above.. @3d-rc.myshopify.com makes an awesome wing mount and you could get some m2c towers and chassis braces maybe. To keep that stock chassis as straight as possible for as long as possible. ✌🏻😎

Out of curiosity does anyone know if the EXB ring gear will fit on the v5 diff cup?

Not something I'm currently looking to do when the v5 bulkhead, diff and all, can be had on Jenny's for the same as just those 2 gears but might be worth it to those with heavy rigs or big power systems who don't want to play shim games with the internals.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back