Outcast Converting OutCast to Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dziugas1998

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 6s
What do I need to Convert OutCast V4 to Kraton V4?

I already have:

M2C Kraton Chassis
Kraton Rear DogBone 135mm AR310460
Rear Brace

What else I need? Do I need a center brace?

You don’t “need” the center brace if running the M2C chassis and braces.

You don’t “need” the center brace if running the M2C chassis and braces.

I have hot racing braces (but maybe will buy m2c for better looking), why I don't need a center brace? I think it will make RC even stronger.

I have hot racing braces (but maybe will buy m2c for better looking), why I don't need a center brace? I think it will make RC even stronger.
You can run it if you want, but M2C suggests you run without it ??‍♂️

The chassis itself is rigid enough to warrant not using the t2t brace. Add in aftermarket chassis braces as well and you REALLY don't need to have the t2t.

And I believe if not correctly adjusted, the t2t brace might even make things worse by adding ways for shock from landings, cartwheels, etc to get to the chassis and hurt it.

The chassis itself is rigid enough to warrant not using the t2t brace. Add in aftermarket chassis braces as well and you REALLY don't need to have the t2t.

And I believe if not correctly adjusted, the t2t brace might even make things worse by adding ways for shock from landings, cartwheels, etc to get to the chassis and hurt it.

If i have M2C chassis, must i use m2c braces? Because I have Hot Racing ones.

Or if I am not using M2C Chassis + M2C Braces I must use T2T brace?

Pretty sure anything not stock is an "upgrade" in regards to braces. M2C for sure, but the Hot Racing ones are probably good as well.

I would not run a t2t brace with those upgrades.

I have the HR braces on my Typhon 6s and they have held up well.

O.K , so I learn something new everyday , so let me get this correct , if you have a stock Outcast/Notorious you can convert it to a stock Kraton by :
1) Kraton Chassis
2) rear center driveshaft
3) roll cage
4) tires
5) Kraton body

Is that it ?

O.K , so I learn something new everyday , so let me get this correct , if you have a stock Outcast/Notorious you can convert it to a stock Kraton by :
1) Kraton Chassis
2) rear center driveshaft
3) roll cage
4) tires
5) Kraton body

Is that it ?
I think outcast tires will work better on kraton

Also, maybe I should go with M2C Outcast chassis and do not upgrade to M2C Kraton? What do you think guys? I am afraid that M2C Kraton Chassis will bend because it's longer

What made you want to covert? The kraton and the outcast are different driving experiences. If you want it to drive like a kraton then go with the Kraton chassis. I made this same conversion with my notorious.

With braces the m2c chassis is very strong, you won’t have to worry about bending it even with the extended length of the kraton.

Doesn't the kraton run a different wheel hub and stub axles to make it wider?

Hard to tell looking at the manuals I downloaded... maybe that was a v2 kraton vs current, but I'm showing part numbers:
310592 - hub/hex
310590 - stub front
310591 - stub rear

What made you want to covert? The kraton and the outcast are different driving experiences. If you want it to drive like a kraton then go with the Kraton chassis. I made this same conversion with my notorious.

With braces the m2c chassis is very strong, you won’t have to worry about bending it even with the extended length of the kraton.
I never driven a kraton but i guess is more easy to control and fun to drive

Doesn't the kraton run a different wheel hub and stub axles to make it wider?

Hard to tell looking at the manuals I downloaded... maybe that was a v2 kraton vs current, but I'm showing part numbers:
310592 - hub/hex
310590 - stub front
310591 - stub rear

I believe that the kraton and outcast are the same width. They are wider than the talion and typhon. Those use the narrower hubs/stubs. I could be wrong though.

I never driven a kraton but i guess is more easy to control and fun to drive

That is the reason I converted mine. The Outcas/notorious are rowdy and a lot of fun in that sense. But the longer kraton is easier to control and use speed/throttle while still capable of wheelies and flips off of jumps. If that’s what you are looking for the conversion makes sense.

That is the reason I converted mine. The Outcas/notorious are rowdy and a lot of fun in that sense. But the longer kraton is easier to control and use speed/throttle while still capable of wheelies and flips off of jumps. If that’s what you are looking for the conversion makes sense.

Yes, I Love my Outcast it is really fun at skate parks, bmx and etc...But when I try to drive on a local RC track or do some speed runs on lose surface it is hard to control and not fun at all. Specialy with OutCast is really hard to go sideways and drift...Is Kraton easier to drift on the loose surfaces?

I think so. It’s more predictable and less twitchy. It still has tons of power but I find it easier to apply without spinning out of control

I think so. It’s more predictable and less twitchy. It still has tons of power but I find it easier to apply without spinning out of control

But how is control in the air? I think outcast is easier to do?

Talking about chassis...I am afraid to buy M2C Kraton Chassis because it is longer and thinking from the logical side it will bend easier...Outcast is short, there is much fewer chances to get bend, my stock chassis still flat and I am bashing hard. Am I wrong?

The M2C chassis is thicker, that helps it hold up better.

As far as Kraton vs Outcast....we now have both. I haven't attempted to jump my Outcast yet, but based on how "quick" it responds to inputs on the ground, Im guessing in the air would be the same. Before getting the hang of it, I would think its harder to control....but once you get used to it, it would be easier to control in the air because it would not require as much input to make stuff happen.

I love both of ours, but the Kraton sometimes almost feels TOO stable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back