Mojave Convince me not to buy a mojave EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Merry Christmas Eve guys! Alright. Here’s the situation. Always loved SCTs man. They’re the thing that revived the hobby for me (traxxas’ release of the slash back around 09) and I always make sure to have one in my fleet (an original arrma Senton 6s V3). The Senton is discontinued so I’ve been slowly piecing it together, getting it in real good shape, to finally sell it. But I don’t wanna sell that thing it’s such a BEAST. Fast as HELL! If I’m buying a mojave EXB, I’m not doing it unless I sell my senton can’t justify having more than 3 RCs in my house. Help.

Oh and PFA.
C9D8C3D5-3165-4F84-9835-A0E66E580DCB.jpeg

Senton has an insane amount of miles on it. I’ve taken it on the highway at 2am with an LED strip ziptied to the front bumper and chased my boys car for miles doing 65mph. Needless to say, alignment has always been extremely important on that truck. It has been an amazing 3 years, I love it.

The back wheel... why is it so far forward? Is the caster just weird?
Probably the angle of the picture. ?‍♂️

@Cheez , now I have to show off my RTR.?‍♂️

20201224_201716.jpg

@DoNoHarm, the driver with the Yellow helmet wants you to test drive it.
I think he likes the Mojave also. He wants to race you dude.
I would take his advice and buy one. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
You said to convince you NOT TO so I'll throw this out there. You say you love SCT. In my opinion the Mojave is NOT a short course truck. It doesn't turn very well and rolls a lot in high traction areas. You might miss the Senton and fall out of love with RC again. :cry:
Now the Mojave is an awesome beast and I love mine BUT when you say you would get rid of the Senton I had to post this.

It’s a done deal, probably already in the cart.?
You said to convince you NOT TO so I'll throw this out there. You say you love SCT. In my opinion the Mojave is NOT a short course truck. It doesn't turn very well and rolls a lot in high traction areas. You might miss the Senton and fall out of love with RC again. :cry:
Now the Mojave is an awesome beast and I love mine BUT when you say you would get rid of the Senton I had to post this.
I’m going to respectfully disagree. Mine turns with grace and handles desert like terrain like a true SCT.

The Senton and Mojave are so different. The Mojave replaced the Senton 6s. I don't consider the Mojave to be a big traction roller, not mine anyway compared to others. I am running stock 6s gear FWIW. The body does make it a tad top heavy, you need to watch traction rolling with any SCT.
But I will say, the Traxass UDR traction rolls all day long if you just sneeze at it. ?‍♂️ If that means anything.
Just look at every single UDR vs. Mojave comparison review. Understood they are different chassis altogether, solid rear in the UDR, part of the problem. But some purists say it is more to scale having the solid axle back there. IDK. ?‍♂️

I just bought the v2 Mojave....l love the adjustability of the truck..there are lots of options you can tune for...onroad, short course, general bashing...
Etc. It has way more "personality
" than any other arrma. Out of box its fine....but I tuned diffs and suspension...handles great now.

20201203_192033.jpg

The Senton and Mojave are so different. The Mojave replaced the Senton 6s. I don't consider the Mojave to be a big traction roller, not mine anyway compared to others. I am running stock 6s gear FWIW. The body does make it a tad top heavy, you need to watch traction rolling with any SCT.
But I will say, the Traxass UDR traction rolls all day long if you just sneeze at it. ?‍♂️ If that means anything.
Just look at every single UDR vs. Mojave comparison review. Understood they are different chassis altogether, solid rear in the UDR, part of the problem. But some purists say it is more to scale having the solid axle back there. IDK. ?‍♂️
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/mojave-handling-traction-roll.19200/

Arrma lists the Mojave as a desert truck

Google desert truck vs SCT they are not the same.

I didnt want to get any one upset but the OP said SCT is the reason he got back into RC. Just providing some info.

I just bought the v2 Mojave....l love the adjustability of the truck..there are lots of options you can tune for...onroad, short course, general bashing...
Etc. It has way more "personality
" than any other arrma. Out of box its fine....but I tuned diffs and suspension...handles great now.

View attachment 115637
I would have to say tuning my diffs really made it drive so much better. The single best thing I did. It digs in now. (y)
I have the V1. Stock electrics. M2C chassis/braces, Hexes, CF sleeved T2T, JBI towers.
Agreed ? but a fun hybrid. There are some out there that think this is “top of the line “ Arrma
I think its all about the detailed scale body. Some would argue its not all that. But for Arrma it's up there. Like the Felony.

I know right!
I hate when I can’t just charge up a lipo and go rip! The Mojave is the go to rig in my line up hands down.
but here’s 4 reasons (my Rtr build like an EXB monster beast)
2E078978-B190-4D55-9205-F79F8137F28C.jpeg
A9ACD62A-DD99-4624-877A-6E72E6860782.jpeg
193BE808-E5FE-4BE2-8842-7362C5DFBFB9.jpeg
9390FD14-DFEC-41EA-A206-526F5C7289F1.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back