Kraton Cooling fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Nero
  4. Senton 3s
Anyone know if this fits? Specs say it fits 40mm/1.6in can. On its way is Arrma BLX 4074 4-Pole 6S Brushless Motor (2050Kv) is 41mm/ 1.64 in
Exb won’t be here until September ? I have plenty of time.
1596123866529.jpeg
1596123866529.jpeg

Thanks guys. Any other heat sink fans out there for comparison? Motor arrives tomorrow (EXB September ?)
I plan on keeping it 6s and the wheels on the ground for the most part but I want to be proactive about heat.
I know there are a bazillion motor options but what I’ve chosen (may increase pinion to15t) is at least adequate, agreed?

Last edited:
Happy with it?
So far it does the job. It's a bit noisy with two fans but it does cool the motor and because it is strapped on all the way around the motor it does well at transferring all the heat (read: cools evenly) and if you put some thermal paste in there it works even better but don't use thermal adhesive since this is held on with screws you don't need to glue it on permanently ;)

I use the same one, but I used a couple hobbystar alloy framed fans instead of the ones that came with it.

I used to run a hobbywing single fan cooler, but my fan died and I didn't know it. By the time I noticed an issue, the motor was 254F and cogging like a fool. It's magnets were toast. So, instead of running a single fan cooler and running the risk of costing me another motor, I decided to get the dual fan, then go a bit further and use fans less likely to break due to flex.

I had to egg out the bottom holes on the fans a bit to get the screws in, also added 2mm spacers under each screw so the fans had a bit more breathing room. Sounds like a jet taking off when I fire my esc up now. I also put one of those fans on my max6 fan that broke. Didn't fit very well, but I got it to work.

2020-0525-Outcast-max6-Hobbystar30mmFan.jpg

The powerhobby unit came with a 2->1 fan connector as well. I have a splitter off my esc fan port to run one to the esc fan and the other for the motor fans. So far, so good.

Anyone know if this fits? Specs say it fits 40mm/1.6in can. On its way is Arrma BLX 4074 4-Pole 6S Brushless Motor (2050Kv) is 41mm/ 1.64 in
Exb won’t be here until September ? I have plenty of time.
View attachment 92026View attachment 92026
ok but where do you live?
because here in the Netherlands he should come mid August. And if you look at ronsrc ? he says August 17th.
So I expect that for all of Europe ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back