Kraton Copperhead 2 Replacement Foam Inserts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCBro80

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
First off, I searched the forum as best I could before posting this, but came up dry (lots of threads discussing, lots of questions, few solutions).

Given the cost of a new set of wheels/tires, and the fact that there are many potential failure modes: a hub may crack but the tire is good, a tire may tear while the hub is good, the foams wear out and the tire & hub are both still usable...

Has anyone found a suitable replacement foam for the dBoots Copperhead 2 tires? I know Arrma discontinued the foam inserts for the original Copperheads AR550013, but are there other brands that fit?

Thanks!

Honestly most times it isn't worth the time and effort to unglue and mount a new tire and foam when you can get a full new set for around $50

First off, I searched the forum as best I could before posting this, but came up dry (lots of threads discussing, lots of questions, few solutions).

Given the cost of a new set of wheels/tires, and the fact that there are many potential failure modes: a hub may crack but the tire is good, a tire may tear while the hub is good, the foams wear out and the tire & hub are both still usable...

Has anyone found a suitable replacement foam for the dBoots Copperhead 2 tires? I know Arrma discontinued the foam inserts for the original Copperheads AR550013, but are there other brands that fit?

Thanks!
I g

Thanks!
been trying to get them for years with no luck don,t no why they don,t do as a spare part and the trouble is cheapest I have seen them in uk is 70 quid breaker on ebay. new there 80 quid.
Honestly most times it isn't worth the time and effort to unglue and mount a new tire and foam when you can get a full new set for around $50
if they were 50 do
yeah if I could get them for 37 quid would,nt be bothered at all :)

Last edited:
I guess in my mind if they were $20 for a set, it would be worth it (especially if replacing the foams in a set of wheels that are otherwise still usable). But you're right it's a pain in the a$$ to get the tires off the rims without ripping them and injuring yourself in the process.

Last edited:
If and when the time comes, going to local hardware, and craft stores in search of something to custom cut. Something like this...
1611017140655.png

Back