Kraton Copperhead 2 vs Backflip on K8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afreek1000

Reaction score
Just wondering those with experience basing both tires, which ones do you prefer and why?

I’ve gone through quite a few copperheads and finally blew them all out and now I’m trying the backflips hoping they’ll last a bit longer 🤞🏻

If all else fails…..Installing a set of beadlock trenchers.

Seems whether the 6s line or the 8s line, BF's are what everyone goes to. The Copperhead 2's on my 6s kraton suck. They blow out easily, thinner rubber over BF's, and are very clumsey tires for bashing IMHO. I don't know how else to describe them from a performance perspective. The BF tread pattern is best.
I am sure others here with K8s 's will agree. The 8s BF's are what many go to.

The newer EXB Big Block (BB)Copperhead 2's 8s tires and wheels may be another Option. They are larger/taller and beefier than the Small Block(SB) Copperheads. I don't know how well the EXB 8s Kraton guys reviewed them though. Hopefully they will chime in.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA550089\

Edited.

Last edited:
Seems whether the 6s line or the 8s line, BF's are what everyone goes to. The Copperhead 2's on my 6s kraton suck. They blow out and are very clumsey tires for bashing IMHO. I don't know how else to desribe them from a performance perspective. The BF tread pattern is best.
I am sure others here with K8s 's will agree.
No, that’s good info thanks. I was hoping they might perform a little better since they are thinner, less rotating mass, I’m hoping, and they have a tread pattern similar to badbadlands/dirtbike style

My only concern is……Since they are a glue up tire how long will that glue last?

Those seem to always work best in dirt/sandy areas.

Glue is glue. Premounts can be a mixed bag. Any tire, any brand. Give new tires a good once over before even running them, Use a quality CA. Preventive measure. If you can pull on the tire bead and see some movement at the bead separating, Add CA as neccessary and a bead all around. What I do to any RC premount wheel. Peridically checking your tires before during and after bashing and applying CA as needed is a normal procedure if you expect the best life out of them.
I would consider the new EXB Big Block Copperheads. If you havn't already. Arrma upgraded them from the Small block version for a reason. What you are describing. Maybe you will have better luck with Big Block version.
But BackFlips have the best overall tread design for any terrain. It is based on a MotoCross tread. And works. (A Proline Badlands tire tread copy) Very popular for Bashing, no matter the rig and size.
Copperhead 2's treads seem to have minimal traction anywhere you run. Less bite.

Edit:

I don't know if the EXB Big Block CH 2's would hook up any better. Seems Arrma went out their way to improve the Copperheads making it beefier and larger for the EXB 8s roller.. Its all trial and error. We all expect different results with our rigs. Good to change things up to find the best combination that works for your driving style and terrain.

Last edited:
Yup EXB Big Block is what I was running before. Last weekend I blew three of those out. So yeah, just hoping the backflip 8S are a little more durable.

Like I said, if not, going to trenchers.

I have trenchers on my X Maxx and theres practically no issue there. The one real issue with trenchers, they’re so damn big and heavy it’s ridiculous.

Proline masher X HP's
Funny, I’ve already tried these when they just came out about a month ago.

Contrary to all the other rave reviews out there, I didn’t much care for them.

I’m a strick basher and most at home doing aerial flips, IMO the mashers lacked any ballooning action to flip the heavy Kraton around.

Now for stability and racing I’m sure they’re amazing, not for tricks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back