Corally Kronos XP - Fixing A Bloody Mess

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a bit of back & forth with Corally, I bit the bullet & got a set of V2 arms. They ARE made out of the same material as the V1 arms, only thicker. No one I got a hold of had a straight answer for that. They also react well to boiling just like the originals.

20201005_221050.jpg

The Corally's keep on looking better & better :ROFLMAO: This time the center diff on the Dementor melted, just like the Arrmas. The gears are all chewed up too as usual. I guess they make an aluminum case for a reason . . .

20201010_113236.jpg

The Corally's keep on looking better & better :ROFLMAO: This time the center diff on the Dementor melted, just like the Arrmas. The gears are all chewed up too as usual. I guess they make an aluminum case for a reason . . .

View attachment 103878

They will answer that you don't use it correctly. There is different levels of tough you know.

They will answer that you don't use it correctly. There is different levels of tough you know.
Yep, the Backflip tires I had on it was way too much :ROFLMAO: . . . OR you mean kitbashing an Arrma Felony diff & Mugen short cups isn't the right way to fix it. I had all that lying around anyway. Surely beats buying a whole new diff from JRC & sourcing a $50 :oops: case. It's nice that they made a ton of V2 parts but none of them are in the cars being sold now in the states. I know RTR means Ready to Ruin but man are these things showing off :ROFLMAO:

This horrible video really fits the state of this truck right now . . .

I know in the end, this thing will be like 90% Arrma so lets forget it & get an EXB - But I will still show the transformation in full glory :ROFLMAO:

In the meantime, I put the system from the Dementor in the EXB just for kicks . . . & holy :love: I run a max8 combo in my V3 & it's molasses compared to this thing. Corally must have that thing supercharged. I used the stock 13t pinion with the stock settings (62.5% braking) & it's staying in the EXB for now :ROFLMAO: :love::ROFLMAO: It even made the 8S nonsense seem slow. I can't make this stuff up. They definitely got something weird going on in that system. I thought it was nuts due to the Corally gearing but this system will eat a normal max8 combo, burp up a blx185, & come back for 2nds :eek:I'll find some junk lying around to put in the Dementor. It really doesn't deserve this system anyway. As for the EXB, it's a hot, dusty mess right now . . .

20201010_180135.jpg

20201010_180145.jpg

Reliable? Affordable, SUPRAable?
I can vouch for the Supra. As for the Matrix & Rav4, 2 of the worst cars I ever had to deal with. The Corally's are leaning in the Matrix direction :ROFLMAO:

It's not thinner, it just has more weak points. The Kraton chassis has one main weak point right at the rear diff where it's the slimmest. This thing has weak points throughout the area between the center diff & rear diff due to design & really poor bracing. All flat plate truggies share the same weak point at the front diff area but the front brace on this one is beyond atrocious. It ties into the front steering plate which is plastic so it's too much to break in one spot. A proper brace should triangulate with the shock tower & not even have to touch the diff. It would also help if the steering plate was braced into the shock tower but it's mostly unnecessary if the main brace does its job. Then you have a very strong T2T brace to complete the triangulation. It's a form of checks & balances that keep the forces at play moving so they can't build up in one area, wreck your bulkheads, & bend the chassis.
I've actually thought this was quite strong, not had any problems with chassis bend or diffs. Rear end is strong apart from the wing mount.
The probs I've been having are the top upper hinge pins pulling out.
The weak point is where the upper steering brace picks up to the gearbox housing, strippes the screws out every time and allows the flex to lose the pins.
T2t brase can't solve this and without a redesigned grarbox case I can see how it can be.
Electrics will be going into an exb I've ordered, hope it keeps up with my brothers 4s Kraton as I'm fed up with watching him whilst my cars broke!

As a beginner I got sucked into buying one of these when the Kraton I wanted was out of stock. Oh man what a bummer. Break after break and my other truck was holding up fine. I decided not to put anymore time or money into it. Stripped it all down to use what I can out of it and forget about what it cost. Its so disappointing I can't even look at it!
I made the same mistake, biggest regret i have hadvsince getting into the hobby

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back