Core RC Tyres

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dugs

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone purchased and ran Core RC tyres, if so how do they run, could they withstand the Typhon 3S power?

I’ve seen a nice set for a reasonable price on Ebay and was thinking of purchasing (as it is my birthday this weekend ?)

Thanks all! ??

Attachments

• 63D358D1-4E6B-4460-8D16-5C90D06C118D.png
    63D358D1-4E6B-4460-8D16-5C90D06C118D.png
    731.3 KB · Views: 35
These are just Generic 17mm buggy slicks. There are many out there just rebranded. They should handle 3S. Most 17mm wheels can handle 6S. For the cheap price just try them out if you are curious. . You get better tires/wheels that wont balloon and can handle 50+ MPH speeds if you pay more. Only Belted rubber or full Foam tires wont balloon at speed. I have Generics and the quality stuff. I'm a wheel whore. You generally get what you pay for. So if a wheel cracks easily hitting a bump don't be surprised. Happened to me with cheap wheels. A set of 4 Arrma Hoons are double the price. ($30./pair) But they are preglued, balanced well and and they are "BELTED" for speed. and may last for quite a while for instance. Belted wont let you lose control at high speeds. How fast are you looking to go?
Are these wheels and tires Pre-glued?? I could not see the package well enough. Most of the cheap ones are not glued. They are just assembled without any glue applied. That saves money and makes these tires priced less. So check them before you drive them. Even if they look glued pull on the rubber, you may find very little glue applied. Glue where needed. Or you will brick them real fast. Like in 2 minutes. Been there. I have many higher end brands and cheaper and I find the Hoons have lasted me the longest. That's why I used them for comparison to my cheap buggy slicks. You can easily go through 12 cheap wheels and tires compared to 4 Hoons. Hope this shed some light. Others may chime in with their ideas.:cool:

Last edited:
Those Core-RC tires are a Schumacher brand. As @SrC said above, they are just some basic slicks. Don't expect much other than some drifting action. If you want actual traction, look at the GRP Tyres.

These are just Generic 17mm buggy slicks. There are many out there just rebranded. They should handle 3S. Most 17mm wheels can handle 6S. For the cheap price just try them out if you are curious. . You get better tires/wheels that wont balloon and can handle 50+ MPH speeds if you pay more. Only Belted rubber or full Foam tires wont balloon at speed. I have Generics and the quality stuff. I'm a wheel whore. You generally get what you pay for. So if a wheel cracks easily hitting a bump don't be surprised. Happened to me with cheap wheels. A set of 4 Arrma Hoons are double the price. ($30./pair) But they are preglued, balanced well and and they are "BELTED" for speed. and may last for quite a while for instance. Belted wont let you lose control at high speeds. How fast are you looking to go?
Are these wheels and tires Pre-glued?? I could not see the package well enough. Most of the cheap ones are not glued. They are just assembled without any glue applied. That saves money and makes these tires priced less. So check them before you drive them. Even if they look glued pull on the rubber, you may find very little glue applied. Glue where needed. Or you will brick them real fast. Like in 2 minutes. Been there. I have many higher end brands and cheaper and I find the Hoons have lasted me the longest. That's why I used them for comparison to my cheap buggy slicks. You can easily go through 12 cheap wheels and tires compared to 4 Hoons. Hope this shed some light. Others may chime in with their ideas.:cool:
Sweet ok, I have had a look and seen the different styles and tyres available and the prices they cost, I am happy with the set currently on the Typhon the Dboots H2O, but wanted something else to run without spending lots of cash and I really really love the classic white dish rims!! In the end I picked up four wheels and tyres preglued for around £20/22 so yeah pretty cheap and I understand they might not withstand the torture the DBoots can but like you say just a good taster of other rubber! I have never glued tyres and would like to give it a try. When I do I will buy some hoons ?? Thanks @SrC and @jondilly1974

Sweet ok, I have had a look and seen the different styles and tyres available and the prices they cost, I am happy with the set currently on the Typhon the Dboots H2O, but wanted something else to run without spending lots of cash and I really really love the classic white dish rims!! In the end I picked up four wheels and tyres preglued for around £20/22 so yeah pretty cheap and I understand they might not withstand the torture the DBoots can but like you say just a good taster of other rubber! I have never glued tyres and would like to give it a try. When I do I will buy some hoons ?? Thanks @SrC and @jondilly1974
I would still buy the GRP instead of Hoons. Much cheaper and way better lifespan.

try these babys.
Half the price of hoons and superb at speed..
20200512_180800.jpg
20200512_180745.jpg
20200512_180731.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back