Cost ofFully Vitavon’d DBXLE…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
I did the maths… there’s some extras like backup balls and pins and boots, but that’s about $60… nothing lol

Total before shipping:
USD: $3021
CAD: $4481
CAD + Ontario HST tax: $5064!!!
68C74B14-6B79-4D9C-8D81-38C81FFDCB04.jpeg

Imagine the cost with ceramic bearings, Max 4, EzRun 70125, 12S batteries, rubber of your choice, and maybe custom body/wing… would be + 10k CAD…I’d have to insure it and build a mahogany stand with platinum and ivory inlay and pure Waterford Crystal casing lol… a boy can dream 💭

Last edited:
Yeah, did you see the Vitavon packages for that truck? Calls them a “package deal.” Funny that the C-hubs aren’t checked off ($100.00) and that is a must have item as the factory ones break on a whim. I did the C-hubs and bearing carriers, center braces, steering bellcrank/servo saver, and top plate. And I‘m still feeling guilt about that purchase, it was a heavy freaking hit, man! Mine will be running stock electronics until they get fried. At that point (who am I kidding) it would be really hard to avoid the temptation of a 12s setup.
Truck is so freaking cool though, what a hoot to drive. Love it. But good god, what a money pit they are.
7ADB0046-9131-4C53-8BDA-7CB47A888C4B.png

This is why humans evolved to have two kidneys.
I should have made a different choice and sold one a long time ago. Having only half a brain now is a drag and leads to bad decisions.

Screw kidneys, I’d sell the frank and the beans for that build. Though not sure why anyone would want my well traversed bits and pieces 🤷‍♂️
I should have made a different choice and sold one a long time ago. Having only half a brain now is a drag and leads to bad decisions.
One man’s bad decisions are another man’s epiphany! Don’t they say we only use 10% or some baloney like that? I’d gladly part with the part of brain that plays host to all my most embarrassing moments, unwanted nights of sobriety in my 20s and seeing my mom naked.

Last edited:
I’d gladly part with the part of brain that plays host to all my most embarrassing moments, unwanted nights of sobriety in my 20s and seeing my mom naked.
TMI, TMI !!! La-la-la-la-la-la….

Honestly you don't even need all of that stuff. Braces, c hubs, links, and metal gearboxes and you're probably good. I think mine actually has stock c hubs but all metal braces and upgraded links and It survived my jumps so far though I've yet to send it as hard as my xrt or k8s. Definitely going to send it harder next time though! I can't even imagine spending 3k on upgrades. That's like 3 new rigs 🤣.

Honestly you don't even need all of that stuff. Braces, c hubs, links, and metal gearboxes and you're probably good. I think mine actually has stock c hubs but all metal braces and upgraded links and It survived my jumps so far though I've yet to send it as hard as my xrt or k8s. Definitely going to send it harder next time though! I can't even imagine spending 3k on upgrades. That's like 3 new rigs 🤣.

I always enjoy your vids, you both got skills. Good air control. And what a great bash spot you have there. My go-to is similar, but the jumps are way steeper and about 4 ft high so I’m straight scared to do any kind of serious launch with the DBXL.

Could fab up a one scale with that easily. Anything over $1000 should allow you to ride on it IMO.
Actually I priced out a home made go cart with 4 70125 motors 1 at each wheel obviously, 4 Max 4s, and a couple direct power servos and a crate of 6S batteries. Getting a friend to fabricate the structure and a couple custom parts and I was somewhere around $8000 - 10K. Not the most efficient go kart build for certain but it would be hilarious to strap someone in there and have my way with them 🤣. Still be plenty of fun as an rc as well. To be clear the build would allow for traditional driving as well…
There are things in there that are good but mostly made for the suckers building a shelf queen.
Why am I a ‘sucker’ for building a shelf queen? Like what’s the difference between a shelf queen and a stupid baseball card? Or a model of a ship, or a train set… it’s a hobby dude lol, don’t be so harsh. I’d do it because looking at would make me smile. That’s really it.
That sounds about right based on Kraton 6s build View attachment 271086
This rig makes me erect. Straight up (no pun)

Last edited:
Let me put it this way for you. Buy a mcd w5 ultimate. $3680 cad. Then a Taylor engine 2200-3400 cad depending on size. Then you have somthing to look at. Nothing to add.
https://cardinalracing.com/products/w5-max-ultimate?_pos=1&_sid=a8478e4c2&_ss=r
https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/taylor-71cc-complete-package

Just so you know where I’m coming from. I have a dbxle 1 and a 2.0. The 2.0 has a bunch of vitavon parts by it waiting to go in. But I lost interest.
Let me put it this way for you. Buy a mcd w5 ultimate. $3680 cad. Then a Taylor engine 2200-3400 cad depending on size. Then you have somthing to look at. Nothing to add.
https://cardinalracing.com/products/w5-max-ultimate?_pos=1&_sid=a8478e4c2&_ss=r
https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/taylor-71cc-complete-package

Just so you know where I’m coming from. I have a dbxle 1 and a 2.0. The 2.0 has a bunch of vitavon parts by it waiting to go in. But I lost interest.
So what I’m gathering here is you’re doubling down on your bullshyt and because something isn’t to your taste it’s… for suckers 🤣 what kind of douche are you??

I always enjoy your vids, you both got skills. Good air control. And what a great bash spot you have there. My go-to is similar, but the jumps are way steeper and about 4 ft high so I’m straight scared to do any kind of serious launch with the DBXL.
Thanks man, I wish I had a jump that was as steep as yours! we get like no height compared to those extreme bashers like rcdude and aldo. We do have another spot to check out when the warmer months get here though :cool:

So what I’m gathering here is you’re doubling down on your bullshyt and because something isn’t to your taste it’s… for suckers 🤣 what kind of douche are you??
Real nice. That must make you feel good.
Princess you’re not true 5th scale stuff anyway. I can tell been doing this a long time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back