Costly bashing session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fahd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I took the Outcast out today with my brother (Kraton) and my two sons (Stampedes) to beat the hell out of my truck.

Mission accomplished.

First mishap was a really bad landing, square on the wing. It's hard to see in the video, but the truck was straight up and down when it landed.

Wing gone:

full

full

No big deal, I figured. Then less than ten minutes later, I switched to a different jump. My wife was taking pictures, and they just happened to be burst pictures. I decided to get some huge air and turn it into a front flip. The landing wasn't quite what I wanted, as you can see from the picture. (I took those bursts and combined them into one action shot using GIMP.)

full

Turnbuckle toast:

full

Oops...

full

So I did this...

ordered_zpsxttezzkz.jpg

So I took the Outcast out today with my brother (Kraton) and my two sons (Stampedes) to beat the hell out of my truck.

Mission accomplished.

First mishap was a really bad landing, square on the wing. It's hard to see in the video, but the truck was straight up and down when it landed.

Wing gone:

full

full

No big deal, I figured. Then less than ten minutes later, I switched to a different jump. My wife was taking pictures, and they just happened to be burst pictures. I decided to get some huge air and turn it into a front flip. The landing wasn't quite what I wanted, as you can see from the picture. (I took those bursts and combined them into one action shot using GIMP.)

full

Turnbuckle toast:

full

Oops...

full

So I did this...

ordered_zpsxttezzkz.jpg

And I bet you would do it all over again!!!

Nice photography too!!

And I bet you would do it all over again!!!

Nice photography too!!
Thanks! Damn right I'd do it again. At first my wife asked if I was going to baby it due to the price tag. I told her it wasn't bought to sit on the shelf. :) She has a blast watching us destroy these trucks. We hold nothing back. Wish I had a decent GoPro for better videos, haha.

I was just going to say the same thing. We bust them, fix them or usually upgrade them and see if we can bust them again. haha
Spot on. My brother ordered $350 in upgrades after running his twice. (The second day he owned it.) He's hooked, haha. (It's his first hobby grade RC) I'm in the process of ordering diff shims right now so I can beat on it even more!

Mission accomplished.

Wing gone:

full

full

full

Turnbuckle toast:

full

Oops...

full

So I did this...

ordered_zpsxttezzkz.jpg
I feel you bro. I bash my rigs hard, too. Some big air hard bashes they roll away without a scratch and I'm blown away. Then I'll do one weird or wrong landing on a smaller scale just messing around and break something. Really think it's usually all in the landing most times. Landing on pavement can be pretty harsh....Lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back