Couldn’t resist (Redcat 16)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
It’s for my kids collection of tiny cars she teaches other kids to drive at the park.
Well, not really but that’s the story I’m sticking with 🙃 $88 isn’t bad and I had an Amazon gift card anyway.

029F8B81-C6E7-4219-A848-0D456118D297.png

Not a bad little truck, a few members have it and have some fixes and tips in this thread https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/redcat-volcano-16-1-16th-scale-brushed-monster-truck.30795/ even a small review from a member.
Thanks for pointing out that thread! It looks fun and I don’t have a tiny truck myself so yeah…looks like fun. I have a new brushless set up and servo that we’re gifted to me by someone who’d gotten them for a volcano 16, perfect for when/if the stock ones go out.

It’s for my kids collection of tiny cars she teaches other kids to drive at the park.
Well, not really but that’s the story I’m sticking with 🙃 $88 isn’t bad and I had an Amazon gift card anyway.

View attachment 237086
I got my son one. Did the upgrades and I want one too now! Its pretty fun!

Did the shocks and driveline.
The driveline I could have done without but the shocks made all the difference! Plush landings and soaks up the bumps...no bouncing around.
Yea for sure the shocks. You'll be happy with them(y)
https://www.teamredcatshop.com/store/c424/redcat-volcano-16-parts-upgrades
Ok that’s what I was wondering about, the drive train. The shocks I’m planning on but will leave the DT for when I throw in the brushless set up I have someday. Thanks man!

Man this little thing is a blast and I’m impressed with the quality so far. Since it feels like a real RC car I had to go through it just like I would a new Arrma. Quality control is definitely better on this car I must say 😂

Even shoe goo’d the lid and put a couple of tiny skids on it. The oil shocks came in today and absolutely make a difference. Got a little wheelie bar for fun also. I really want to put the small brushless system I have in it but keep reminding myself… I got this to drive with the kids tiny trucks and need to keep it reasonable. For now.

55905175-FB34-4ECC-9A5C-7D8D2A77AD0E.jpeg

C3988E93-E894-49AF-8B54-CB305648D581.jpeg

179A3974-6FE2-4FA2-8CBC-32A6EC8966DA.jpeg

D36878F8-B65D-4BF6-BDF5-181566B2F345.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back