Couldn’t resist (Redcat 16)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea on the roof skids! (y)
Thanks! I like that the parts on this thing are so cheap. A new body is eight bucks, differentials are nine bucks a pair… Upgrading to metal diffs is only 12 bucks each and so on.

I also have this brushless ESC, motor and servo set that Kusher included when he sold me his notorious a year ago. He bought it to update his son’s redcat but never used it. No idea if it’s quality or not but it definitely looks more than enough for the little redcat 😂

8A77018D-3386-47EA-A900-BF6C2B4F0E44.jpeg

Thanks! I like that the parts on this thing are so cheap. A new body is eight bucks, differentials are nine bucks a pair… Upgrading to metal diffs is only 12 bucks each and so on.

I also have this brushless ESC, motor and servo set that Kusher included when he sold me his notorious a year ago. He bought it to update his son’s redcat but never used it. No idea if it’s quality or not but it definitely looks more than enough for the little redcat 😂

View attachment 237999
Iirc that esc is a clone of an old Hobbywing design I cannot remember if the program box or program card work with them though https://www.hobbywing.com/goods.php?id=346

Badass.

How bout some pics under the hood?
Here ya go. It’s a basic tub chassis layout like the bigger ones. Double wishbone suspension I believe. Seems to have relatively sturdy and flexible nylon composite plastics. Cheap little 2in1 brushed esc with a big motor for the size (380 I think). The tires are great and even have foams inside far as I can tell.

It came with little leds for the front ‘diy’ style so I reinforced with marine shrink wrap when I installed them earlier. It fun to drive but a bit slow, so I imagine I’ll put this brushless system I have and upgrade the drive train sooner then later. I’m glad I got it for sure.

720BDADD-E971-4387-A72D-612FD615EB1B.jpeg

98107D16-CAA7-4D5A-B21D-4C04CDE6C272.jpeg

DCD3BFCA-0FB7-4104-B881-2B2C9A30CE00.jpeg

FEE0A28F-8149-4483-9EED-6425F8DF0515.jpeg

Here ya go. It’s a basic tub chassis layout like the bigger ones. Double wishbone suspension I believe. Seems to have relatively sturdy and flexible nylon composite plastics. Cheap little 2in1 brushed esc with a big motor for the size (380 I think). The tires are great and even have foams inside far as I can tell.

It came with little leds for the front ‘diy’ style so I reinforced with marine shrink wrap when I installed them earlier. It fun to drive but a bit slow, so I imagine I’ll put this brushless system I have and upgrade the drive train sooner then later. I’m glad I got it for sure.

View attachment 238004

View attachment 238005

View attachment 238006

View attachment 238007
I’m thinking about getting one of these, but Phillips head screws are the worst for a rc.

Do you know any cheapish durable 1/16 scale with hex head screws @Velodromed ?

I’m thinking about getting one of these, but Phillips head screws are the worst for a rc.

Do you know any cheapish durable 1/16 scale with hex head screws @Velodromed ?
Honestly I don’t. I looked for quite a while before deciding on this one and I’m really glad I did. While Phillips head screws drove me nuts on the voltages (the first thing I did was replace them with proper hex) this little car is so easy to work on they don’t bug me. The screws are tiny and don’t strip out. No loctite was used in this car because it’s just not needed far as I can tell. No reason to swap them out. I don’t have that size hex heads anyway 😂

But yeah, I’ll be taking it out more often and will update on any good or bad issues I find.
Very cool thanks for the pics.
Sure thing man. It’s my first little car that I like. I’ve bunches of Bezgars for my kid to entertain her friends with but really wanted a better one for myself. Even though I technically got it for her it’s actually mine mine mine 🙃

It’s for my kids collection of tiny cars she teaches other kids to drive at the park.
Well, not really but that’s the story I’m sticking with 🙃 $88 isn’t bad and I had an Amazon gift card anyway.

View attachment 237086

Thats cool I was going to get that for the littlest one (2 yo going on 12!) but I have a Granite Voltage for him and its too fast, for him - and us!

I just got him this one. Till someone with a 6S runs it over, again and breaks it. Like the last couple, i ran over. it was me.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09BB43J98/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ADV24NRQE8485&psc=1
71jo7Ki4oXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back