Kraton Couldn’t resist!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flames77

Chasing down triple digits
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 3s
Sooo since I’m still waiting on my Infraction, I went ahead and got this bad boy! Let me tell you, IT’S MASSIVE! I already put a 23t pinion in it and picked up some 20mil diff fluids to put in the center. Ordered the TBone racing front bumper as well. Do you guys have any other suggestive upgrades or tips?

Attachments

• 1CA640C0-2875-4EAF-8EF0-CD4A177CDAD5.jpeg
    1CA640C0-2875-4EAF-8EF0-CD4A177CDAD5.jpeg
    452.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 75BE37C8-FDBD-434D-872F-31E8ED5B4A52.jpeg
    75BE37C8-FDBD-434D-872F-31E8ED5B4A52.jpeg
    424 KB · Views: 48
I've changed over my servo, but even making sure your endpoint's are adjusted to full lock and setting the system voltage on the ESC to 8.4v will make it turn a lot better. Remember to re bind the radio after any changes you make and re calibrate the ESC, test your failsafe works.

Vent your tires, and cover the inner holes.

If you haven't already changed the diff oil, make sure you really heat up all the screws before trying to remove the motor mount and inner diff screws, the factory must have got a new shipment of red locktite the screws are really easy to strip or break.

I really appreciate all the information! I did already set the BEC volts so I’m good there. As far as the diff I may wait a lil bit to do that. When I picked up the 20mil the guy at the hobby shop said the same thing. They definitely aren’t scared to use their loctite that’s for sure!!

Sooo since I’m still waiting on my Infraction, I went ahead and got this bad boy! Let me tell you, IT’S MASSIVE! I already put a 23t pinion in it and picked up some 20mil diff fluids to put in the center. Ordered the TBone racing front bumper as well. Do you guys have any other suggestive upgrades or tips?
Nice. I really like mine. Is it the v1.5? If it is, it already comes with the 20mil inside the center diff.

Mine had all the earmarks if a 1.5, but the diff fluid still wasn't thick enough to do a wheelie? Maybe mine was in a change over?
Probably. I have to try really hard to do a wheelie, but I don't mind that at all. I have my MT like the xmaxx and Outcast 6s for that. ?

Nice. I really like mine. Is it the v1.5? If it is, it already comes with the 20mil inside the center diff.
I haven’t taken the diff apart yet but after I read your comment I got to looking in the manual and it said it does have 20 mil in it. But if it does, it still doesn’t pop a wheelie. So I guess I need to take the diff out and see.
Congratulations on the K8s. These guys above have you covered. Good luck with it!
Thanks man! Love it so far!

Mine definitely did NOT have 20m in the center... it really didn’t have much of any fluid at all. I replaced mine with 1/2 20m fluid and 1/2 silicone earplug. Works good ?? After this last bash I need to tear apart front and rear diffs and change them to 1M! I broke one of the rear cvd’s but I was being pretty rough on it and I have the castle 2028 combo. So lots more power too. ??‍♂️

Mine definitely did NOT have 20m in the center... it really didn’t have much of any fluid at all. I replaced mine with 1/2 20m fluid and 1/2 silicone earplug. Works good ?? After this last bash I need to tear apart front and rear diffs and change them to 1M! I broke one of the rear cvd’s but I was being pretty rough on it and I have the castle 2028 combo. So lots more power too. ??‍♂️
Yeah that is what I found too, the earplugs definitely did it for me, plenty of rear wheel power and lots of controllable wheel spin in the air. The thing feels so much like a 6s Kraton until it gets close to you or it goes wrong. I really enjoy the new challenge of learning to drive it.

Ok so I cracked open the center diff and it already had 20 mil inside. That being said it still doesn’t wheelie very easy. Should I change my rear fluid to 500k?? Would that help??

Ok so I cracked open the center diff and it already had 20 mil inside. That being said it still doesn’t wheelie very easy. Should I change my rear fluid to 500k?? Would that help??
What surface are you trying to wheelie on? I couldn’t with my stock tires I could wheelie on short grass all pretty easily. On pavement I couldn’t get it to wheelie at all.

What surface are you trying to wheelie on? I couldn’t with my stock tires I could wheelie on short grass all pretty easily. On pavement I couldn’t get it to wheelie at all.
How weird. Mine does wheelies on pavement but not on grass.
It doesn't wheelie very easily because it's a truggie. The O8S should wheelie much easier.

Mainly grass. If I hit it just right I can but it’s really luck of the draw. And yeah pavement is out of the question. Hahaha

Mainly grass. If I hit it just right I can but it’s really luck of the draw. And yeah pavement is out of the question. Hahaha
I ran mine with a 23T pinion stock electronics, but ear plugs center, and it was able to bring up the nose pretty easy, check your punch and that you have definitely done your ESC calibration.

I ran mine with a 23T pinion stock electronics, but ear plugs center, and it was able to bring up the nose pretty easy, check your punch and that you have definitely done your ESC calibration.
Good point! I upped my punch to 4 and can pull a wheelie from a standstill and rideeeee it into the sunset.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back