Senton Couple of Questions on my Senton the Leaf/Grass Collector & Low Voltage Meter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuel&Fire

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Finally got the Senton for a few runs on 4s - so much fun. I have a 20 acre park across the street from my house so that's where I drive it mostly (besides street) and I noticed that the Senton will collect leaves, grass, etc like a vacuum cleaner. The stuff starts to get into the fan, suspension, body tray, etc. takes a good blowing out and picking through to get it all out. Is there something that I can install to reduce this a bit?

Last question. I installed a Venom Low Voltage Meter to make sure I'm good on cut-off, I set it to 3.7. I noticed when plugging it in on full charge battery the cells where not where they showed on my Charger. I know 100% the charger is function properly, etc. so I'm assuming the LVM is bad or not reading it correctly? The alarm would also go off (what seemed early on 6700mah battery) and I'd check it and it wasn't even at the cut-off? Will the Voltage dip below when under load (full throttle) and then go back up causing the alarm to go off even though the cells have not dropped below the alarm? Am I not doing something properly with the LVM? It's just mounted on the balance connector and strapped down with the battery.

Thanks for any help!

Finally got the Senton for a few runs on 4s - so much fun. I have a 20 acre park across the street from my house so that's where I drive it mostly (besides street) and I noticed that the Senton will collect leaves, grass, etc like a vacuum cleaner. The stuff starts to get into the fan, suspension, body tray, etc. takes a good blowing out and picking through to get it all out. Is there something that I can install to reduce this a bit?

Last question. I installed a Venom Low Voltage Meter to make sure I'm good on cut-off, I set it to 3.7. I noticed when plugging it in on full charge battery the cells where not where they showed on my Charger. I know 100% the charger is function properly, etc. so I'm assuming the LVM is bad or not reading it correctly? The alarm would also go off (what seemed early on 6700mah battery) and I'd check it and it wasn't even at the cut-off? Will the Voltage dip below when under load (full throttle) and then go back up causing the alarm to go off even though the cells have not dropped below the alarm? Am I not doing something properly with the LVM? It's just mounted on the balance connector and strapped down with the battery.

Thanks for any help!
Depending on the C value of the battery it will go into alarm mod because of spikes from hitting the throttle,also there not that accurate.I set mine to 3.5 and after the battery rest the voltage comes back to 3.55/3.6

It is really easy to pull your batteries below the alarm level under load. They beep for a few seconds, recover and then you're good to go for quite awhile longer. I have my alarms set for 3.8v so I deal with it the time. I don't bring the truck in until they won't stop beeping. Running in grass is really, really hard on RC cars so it makes the electronics work extra hard. This leads to high temps in the ESC and motor and can lead to battery damage if you don't use an alarm like you do.

OK, That's what I thought just wanted to make sure I shouldn't buy another LVM or contact Venom. I've been overly paranoid about the Lipo's since I'm new to the whole thing. I've also checked the temps and never had any part get anything more than slightly warm - I was worried since the grass seems to clog up the fan pretty quick... Guess I'll have to worry more once I plug in both 3s

Thanks for any help!
My LVN does the same..on my charger after a balance charge all cells are 4.20,my LVN displays 4.21,4.19,4.16 mine was only cheap so I can't complain

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back