Granite Couple questions. Bigger (taller) and gearing for brushless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doolin64

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Infraction 4x4
My son is bored with his Granite 4x4. Especially after watching me with my Notorious. I was thinking if selling his Granite and getting him a new machine. Then I thought, why not go brushless and add some bigger tires?

First question...what size is the biggest size tires I could run without major failures? I just want a little taller/wider setup.

Second question thinking of getting the Hobbywing EZ Run MAX10SC. What size motor should I get and what pinion size should I run?

I should add, I'm only lookingto have him run 2s. Would the tires and wheels from Bigrock gain some ground clearance?

2.8 mt tires are the biggest I would run. Bigrock wheels have less offset and would cause more traction roll than the stock granite tires. If this truck was a mega, I would just buy him one of the new 3s 4x4 models. To convert a mega to brushless requires blx slipper and diff components that are not that easy to find right now. That ESC paired with the HW 3660 3200kv motor is a great combo for the granite on the stock 15/57 gearing.

This is where the new Fourm layout is confusing. Is this a Granite Blx thread or a Granite mega thread.

I run 17/91. I run a mega on brushless don't need the blx slipper it will work fine with out it.

This is just a granite 4x4. Green body. Nothing special. Just a bit slow even on 2s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back