Typhon Cracked chassis under the front diff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
Any tips? Is there sub assemblies I can leave together? Like maybe the front bumper fro t diff case a arms and stuff?

How likely am I to screw up the steering and so on?
Bought a new chassis if that makes things clearer.

Take your time, take notes and pics as you take things off. Use good tools and have plenty of room. Start with screws from the bottom of the chassis and go from there. These vehicles are much easier to take apart than others. Check out YouTube as well.

Yep, just take your time, go methodically and transfer one section after the other while thinking about what you are doing and you'll be fine. These cars are easy and fun to work on.

One tip: When you remove a part, re-install partially the screws where they belong. That way, you won't lose track of what goes where.

As long as you don't disassemble the whole car and mix-up everything randomly in a box, you'll be fine (and it should be fun)! ?

Found a helpful picture on the forum on how to remove the servo without taking off the servo saver. Should probably save me some grief.

The whole process is a bit intimidating but I guess tackling one bit of it at a time is no different than fixing broken stuff.

I have a feeling the whole shock tower, bumper, links and a arms can come off in one piece.

I am finding there are an awful lot of little parts that I never considered before. The little cushion sticker under the battery and the spacers for the battery I totally took for granted.

The truck was staying together because the crack is between hinges pins and is attached to the shock tower on either side by screws... I could probably keep running it but I have this vision of the chassis coming apart and all kinds of parts getting destroyed in the process.

I think I am making the right choice. I might as well use this as an excuse to replace all the bearings I haven't yet.

I have a feeling when I unscrew the diff cover the chassis is going to come apart. I bought another plastic one. I probably should have got the aluminum but I feel like my driving might have improved a bit and I am less likely to smash into a curb full tilt and smart enough now not to jump a ramp in a parking lot with hoons on. I have a feeling my general stupidity is the cause of my current project.

So this is going well! Managed to get the rear end all sorted.

It was super easy in fact (which was why I started there.) It was literally only the 4 screws and the hinge pins to move the whole business to the new chassis.

The front end will probably be a bit more complicated but not much.

It's giving me a chance to take a hose to this thing since I plan to do the electronics last aaaand there is a big hole in the side of my ESC and the back plate and cable port on my motor are a bit messed up and I am sure they aren't even remotely water resistant.

20201002_205850.jpg

Those are my brand new only seen one pack badlands on there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back