Kraton Cracked lower suspension arm, what else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazy Bushman

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, I was out yesterday bashing and a tree hoped out behind another tree and ran into my Kraton. Result is I need to order a replacement lower suspension arm. What other relatively inexpensive parts should I look at buying now to maximise the route on the freight cost, while I am at it?

They're great, much beefier than stock!
Beefier, but not indestructible...
2018-0731-Outcast-BrokenRPMArm03.jpg

Although, I'm chalking that up to being a fluke. Was the first or second run with those arms on my outcast and the 3rd time I drove the truck. Wasn't even that bad of a landing. I've crashed so hard so many times since then and none of the arms broke.

Oh, I'm sure I'll figure out some way to break 'em . . . but I think they'll last longer!

Like @bicketybam said, saving up your broken RPM parts isn't a bad idea. In the U.S, you only have to pay to ship the broken part back to them. Anywhere else, you have to pay shipping both ways. And the warranty only covers the actual broken piece, not the whole assembly. Because I'm in Canada, I'm throwing any broken RPM parts into a bag, and waiting til I have enough parts to make the cost of shipping worth it. Lucky to have original stock parts most of time, but likely having to purchase new RPM parts to keep going, and end up with spares later. Broken piece count is up to about 6 at the moment, all from my Slash 4x4.

Don't RPM have a life time gurantee or some poop?
Yeah, but with the cost of packaging and shipping... isn't really worth the hassle for saving $4 for a $12 part.

I'm not the kind of guy to try to get new parts for something I've been running for 3 years and it breaks eventually. I figure I got my moneys worth. So, saving up "all" the broken arms or whatever just isn't worth the hassle to me. This was the first legitimate time I would have tried for the warranty because it really broke for no apparent reason and was almost brand new. But after paying for packaging and shipping, it just wasn't worth messing with.

In the 20 years of running RPM arms on various trucks, I've only had a few actually break on me. I usually end up replacing them due to wear on hinge pin holes causing so much slop after a couple years. Then I just buy new again and keep the old ones just in case I snap one.

Yeah, but with the cost of packaging and shipping... isn't really worth the hassle for saving $4 for a $12 part.

I'm not the kind of guy to try to get new parts for something I've been running for 3 years and it breaks eventually. I figure I got my moneys worth. So, saving up "all" the broken arms or whatever just isn't worth the hassle to me. This was the first legitimate time I would have tried for the warranty because it really broke for no apparent reason and was almost brand new. But after paying for packaging and shipping, it just wasn't worth messing with.

In the 20 years of running RPM arms on various trucks, I've only had a few actually break on me. I usually end up replacing them due to wear on hinge pin holes causing so much slop after a couple years. Then I just buy new again and keep the old ones just in case I snap one.
Point well taken, but they do guarantee that their parts will be replaced if they break. My Traxxas front and rear RPM bumpers have had parts snap, and I've got a bunch of a arms all waiting to be shipped. My biggest issue is that I have to buy a complete assembly when one small part breaks. Buying online from Canada is killer, so I have to go to the lhs whenever something goes. I have lots of spare bumper parts that never break, as it's always the same part that fails. Now I just hold on to all those parts until the total replacement exceeds my cost of shipping.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back