Limitless CRAZY,COOL RC,SPEEDRUN VIDEOS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neu I think,
Oh right, Jon Lewis. lol...at the beginning of the video I was thinking, "Jeez, K-BASH sounds just like Jon Lewis...". Yeah, that would be a Neu motor. 1539 if memory serves.
1654460831835.png

Really heavy voltage sag. This was on a pair of SMC-SRD 6500mAh 3S lipos. To be fair, it was a fairly quick pull as I only had about 1000ft to work with. Moving to 8S should help mitigate the amp draw a little.

In my 2 years of speedrunning I've totaled out at least 5 cars..said I was done couple times,just put my 4th car together...MUST BE WILLING TO EXCEPT A TOTAL LOSS.IT HAPPENS

In my 2 years of speedrunning I've totaled out at least 5 cars..said I was done couple times,just put my 4th car together...MUST BE WILLING TO EXCEPT A TOTAL LOSS.IT HAPPENS
Yeah, someone just posted this in another thread. Brutal hit. I'm almost willing to bet he'll be back. He did ask people to like and subscribe right before saying, "I'm done with speed running forever...".

3640scm motor,2 pole 36×74mm motor with very high kv.....running a pinion gear bigger than motor......😆😅🤣😂 good $hit right there
@LibertyMKiii what can you tell me about shimming a motor...I'm guessing it's the movement of rotor through can????I'm sure there's a optimal sweet spot...

Last edited:
3640scm motor,2 pole 36×74mm motor with very high kv.....running a pinion gear bigger than motor......😆😅🤣😂 good $hit right there
@LibertyMKiii what can you tell me about shimming a motor...I'm guessing it's the movement of rotor through can????I'm sure there's a optimal sweet spot...
I don’t know much about shimming but had to shim my 4070cm when I replaced the rotor. I noticed the two rotors had a slight difference when set into the can. Basically shimmed to limit movement but not bind. I’m not sure there’s any other benefit that I know of but would like to discuss it

I don’t know much about shimming but had to shim my 4070cm when I replaced the rotor. I noticed the two rotors had a slight difference when set into the can. Basically shimmed to limit movement but not bind. I’m not sure there’s any other benefit that I know of but would like to discuss it
I didnt think there would be much of any advantage.said he had slowmcmike shim it for him..probly more critical on a 5000++kv motor....Mikes doing something besides putting packs together to run the speeds he's running...some of my motors have 2mm+- play in rotor...I'm doing the SRCM thing this year trying to run good #'s on low volts.having a blast doing it...I dig the very fine tuning part of the hobby

I didnt think there would be much of any advantage.said he had slowmcmike shim it for him..probly more critical on a 5000++kv motor....Mikes doing something besides putting packs together to run the speeds he's running...some of my motors have 2mm+- play in rotor...I'm doing the SRCM thing this year trying to run good #'s on low volts.having a blast doing it...I dig the very fine tuning part of the hobby
I do believe he has tinkered with shortening the winding coming out of the tp motors as well. Since the wire coming out is the winding it changes the kv.
haven't explored much with that tho

Jesus man. Lipo batteries are no joke. I always treat them like I'm arming a bomb...and this is why. Don't have confusing battery wiring in your car. If you have single leads, always take a few extra seconds when plugging them in. Go slow and talk yourself through what you're hooking up to what. In the aftermath you could see what happened here. He connected the positive lead from the ESC to the negative lead of the left battery. He just got confused by his own wiring.

Jesus man. Lipo batteries are no joke. I always treat them like I'm arming a bomb...and this is why. Don't have confusing battery wiring in your car. If you have single leads, always take a few extra seconds when plugging them in. Go slow and talk yourself through what you're hooking up to what. In the aftermath you could see what happened here. He connected the positive lead from the ESC to the negative lead of the left battery. He just got confused by his own wiring.
Crazy right....happen to anyone of us fast...I noticed his red,black wires where confusing an he had red ,black mixed up...wonder if esc still works.gotta be very careful when not running plugs like myself...I would only run plug if I was running over 6s ..little to none sparks on 3s....damage connecters quik on hi volts.used to cringe hooking 8s up before qs8 came along

It is more efficient (can do shorter wiring setups) to run bullet connectors, but I run QS8 for the safety.

Helmet Safety GIF
The irony being, his wiring wasn't even short. I run a mix of QS8 and bullets. QS8s on my batteries, bullets on my parallel and serial bridges. I did however make QS8 parallel connectors for quad parallel at the battery end so that my wiring process with my harnesses remains the same as with dual parallel and I always talk myself through hooking everything up out loud.

Recently switching to bullets, i color coat the wires for positive and negative and what I’ve been doing that works is connect my batteries together first to make one big battery then positive then negative. Same process everytime.

I would say when I was doing the 4. Artery pack setup I absolutely almost still hooked them up wrong. So I numbered them

Recently switching to bullets, i color coat the wires for positive and negative and what I’ve been doing that works is connect my batteries together first to make one big battery then positive then negative. Same process everytime.

I would say when I was doing the 4. Artery pack setup I absolutely almost still hooked them up wrong. So I numbered them
Yeah man. Having a system is half the battle and keeping the process the same every time is key. But just as important is to never view hooking up batteries as "routine", no matter how often you do it. Be mindful, pay close attention to what you're doing, verbally talk yourself through each connection and take your time. If there's one thing you really don't want to bunge up...it's this. It's difficult to wrap one's mind around how much power/energy is stored in these little bricks.

Like @vwturbowolf mentioned it should be just to remove any slop. The magnets sort of center the rotor in its ideal location anyway. You just want to make sure there are no oscillations in the motor. You could run the motor on the workbench to confirm. Especially with the high rpm setups that would be a big issue if there were significantly wobble or play in the rotor.

Like @vwturbowolf mentioned it should be just to remove any slop. The magnets sort of center the rotor in its ideal location anyway. You just want to make sure there are no oscillations in the motor. You could run the motor on the workbench to confirm. Especially with the high rpm setups that would be a big issue if there were significantly wobble or play in the rotor.
Yeah, this video kinda weirded me out where Jamie Morrison spun up his 1721 without a pinion. Watch what the shaft of the motor does. Is it just me or does that look like excessive movement? Video time coded to begin where he spins up the motor.

Yeah, this video kinda weirded me out where Jamie Morrison spun up his 1721 without a pinion. Watch what the shaft of the motor does. Is it just me or does that look like excessive movement? Video time coded to begin where he spins up the motor.
Wow that was a lot of movement!
That screws with your pinion engagement also...

Now I need to check what mine does LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back