Kraton Crazy difficult T bone front bumper install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Sup arrma fam. So I finally got around to installing my t bone front bumper on my new kraton and it was an absolute female dog! If anyone is about to install this and does not have a power driver, DO NOT DO IT. At the moment I only have hand drivers (because I'm a newb) and I ended up stripping alot of the hex screws because they were so unbelievably tight going in. I managed to get it installed but when it comes time to remove it, I'm f#*%ed ? I haven't even driven this thing yet and I managed to ruin it?. I did end up buying a power driver and hex keys though. Have any of you guys stripped out hex screws before? And if so, is their a way to get them out? Anyways, even though I botched the job, it still looks pretty cool and it shouldnt break any time soon. Hopfully someone can learn from my disastrous mistake. I'm definitely going to hold off on the rear bumper until I have proper tools.
15776797821434975990892603599124.jpg

We all have stripped screws lol.. a dremel and a cutting disk.. make a slot for a flat head and be careful not to go too deep I have seen people cut the head in half lol... but I try to use socket caps if I can... gives more area to turn on. Good luck

I went with the t bone bastion bumper for the typhon for my Kraton. It’s a direct bolt on. It goes over the stock bumper. At first I didn’t know I was supposed to keep the stock bumper on there. It’s a tight fit but I warmed up the tbr bumper and it went on smooth. It has help up well so far. It looks sleek. I got the advice from some fine members on this forum. I’ve stripped out many screws in one of my other rc’s. The hardware isn’t the greatest from the factory. I also bought a stainless set of screws that’s equally soft. I bought a micro screw extraction set off amazon for $30 and it’s amazing. It has saved my ass a bunch!

Sup arrma fam. So I finally got around to installing my t bone front bumper on my new kraton and it was an absolute female dog! If anyone is about to install this and does not have a power driver, DO NOT DO IT. At the moment I only have hand drivers (because I'm a newb) and I ended up stripping alot of the hex screws because they were so unbelievably tight going in. I managed to get it installed but when it comes time to remove it, I'm f#*%ed ? I haven't even driven this thing yet and I managed to ruin it?. I did end up buying a power driver and hex keys though. Have any of you guys stripped out hex screws before? And if so, is their a way to get them out? Anyways, even though I botched the job, it still looks pretty cool and it shouldnt break any time soon. Hopfully someone can learn from my disastrous mistake. I'm definitely going to hold off on the rear bumper until I have proper tools.View attachment 58808

Don’t get discouraged!!!
It’s going to break...
you’re going to have to fix it...
The more you wrench on it, the easier it gets!
If you have questions there’s always someone here to help. ?

Thats the same bumper I put on my Talion and it was confusing and a female dog as I remember. Talion was my first Arrma and first TBone product and I still like the look and performance. Good luck to you getting it figured out. I'm sure you will and should love it when the disappointment of the install is behind you.

For what it's worth, you already have a wing and wing mount so you may consider not purchasing a rear bumper. If we think about it, the wing mount really will cover your ass and having an upgraded rear bumper may be overkill or functionally unnecessary. All my opinion of course and if you already bought it then by all means, put it on there! It'll surely look great!

Edit: Just wanna say that your truck looks great, Harlon! Nice photo quality and I know you'll love releasing the beast.

I really appreciate all the positive comments and advise, guys! I feel much better. I legit started having a panic attack because I though I completely ruined my brand new kraton. I have lots to learn ? thank goodness for this forum and all you awsome members! ????

A lot of Tbone stuff is a PITA to install, no instructions and fitment issues. But what you're gonna do besides go RPM.

I agree on the T-Bone stuff being a PITA. Get some good quality hex drivers, like MIP, Wera or PB Swiss. Cheaper tools will almost always round those small hex screws. I've always used a Dremel to turn a stripped hex screw into a flathead. It's worked so far.

I agree on the T-Bone stuff being a PITA. Get some t always round those small hex screws. I've always used a Dremel to turn a stripped hex screw into a flathead. It's worked so far.
I ordered these hex keys earlier tonight. You think they'll be good enough? I originally was using those bondhus ones that the forum recomended but I do not like them at all. If you think these ones are trash, I'll cancel my order and those mip drivers.
Screenshot_20191230-051815_Chrome.jpg

I second MIP, got myself a set not long ago and am loving them! MIP support is also great. Ordered some of those little silicone caps for the tips from them too.

Hey @Harlon i think you are talking about the cap that holds the pins, bolts to the bulkhead and supports the bumper, I use socket heads and washers instead of the long flatheads they supply. Much easier the remove. I like the bumper, it’s a little heavy but effective.

I second MIP, got myself a set not long ago and am loving them! MIP support is also great. Ordered some of those little silicone caps for the tips from them too.

What caps?
I bought a micro screw extraction set off amazon for $30 and it’s amazing. It has saved my ass a bunch!

Do you have a link?

Good call on going with the MIP’s @Harlon, you won’t regret it.

Integy is junk, you get what you pay for, just saying, I had Integy stuff. Get MIP, quality tools that save your screws.
I had that integy set stripped every damn screw on my rig, then bought quickpit hex set but brand was dynamite haven’t stripped a screw yet even loosens lock tite off with ease $43 worth it

No issues putting mine on. I even swapped the bottom smaller bar to the top and the longer to the bottom. Looks better and better coverage IMHO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back