Kraton Crazy Maybe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

🇺🇸 DΞזΞפּ 🇺🇸

Cake Boss
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Typhon 6s
I got to learn like anyone else, so I thought why not giving this a try on my own.
Got the Typhon and the Kraton both V5, both Spektrum same Motors 2050 and ESC
was going to use the larger 20T Pinion that came with the Typhon on the Kraton on a 5000mAh 6S 50C
I was worried about maybe the Motor getting too hot, so I digged and read about different Pinions and found out that the tires would most like not going to make it, so that settled that, I wonder what else could had happen had I pulled through with it? anyone did it before?

I got to learn like anyone else, so I thought why not giving this a try on my own.
Got the Typhon and the Kraton both V5, both Spektrum same Motors 2050 and ESC
was going to use the larger 20T Pinion that came with the Typhon on the Kraton on a 5000mAh 6S 50C
I was worried about maybe the Motor getting too hot, so I digged and read about different Pinions and found out that the tires would most like not going to make it, so that settled that, I wonder what else could had happen had I pulled through with it? anyone did it before?
I ran an 18t pinion on my notorious and fried the esc twice hahahaha. it'll be way too much work for the whole system since it has to push more mass. If you do gear the kraton up i'd maybe go a couple teeth and check temps. I'd put a max6 combo or your favorite castle equivalent in it if i was going to really gear it up since it's more suited for the application than the stock stuff. I ran 18t on my typhon and it lived til i upgraded it to a max6 as well.
At the least yeah racing and several other brands make a dual fan heat sink for the motor for $25 that you can plug the fans into your receiver via a jst y splitter or you can go wild with a 40mm fan setup from any of the fan makers/buy a 40mm servo fan and DIY if you have a little gumption. I run a 40mm fan on my max6 and my hobbystar 4092's/hobbywing 4985's off either a small 3s battery or snag a bec that can put out 12v and wire it in to power them.

18t stock electronics on notorious with kraton tires. Kraton 23t with backflip lp's but max6 1650kv combo. Ambient temps play a big role in what you can do I think.

15T on grass will overheat the motor. 13T is about the sweet spot.
18T will melt it quickly and a 20T I'd probably give it a couple of minutes before something blows.
That is with stock electronics.

15T in Florida and you will need motor fans.

All that is on 6S and lots of driving with very little cooldown time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back