Creality CR-6 SE and CR-6 MAX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
They have the Kickstarter for the CR-6 SE which is just 15mm larger build volume than the Ender-3. But they also announced a CR-6 MAX will be launched in October. No specs yet, but I think I am going to grab one if it is at least a 400x400 build plate. 3DPN should be dropping his unboxing video today of the CR-6 SE and should follow up with a review soon. You can watch the SexyCyborg video if that's your thing. ?

What is your z height range you are wanting to keep?
I would think 200-300mm Z would be plenty, but then again I thought 220x220mm base would be plenty at one point. ??‍♂️? I just have some designs that 400x400mm bade would print with room to spare. I have been forced to print them in an undesired orientation due to layer direction. Would prefer to have them print flat on the bed instead of up on the Z axis.

im not to fond of this printer.. i wish they would stop trying to use touch screens.. creality's u.i typically sucks really bad when they use touch screens.. (i hate the u.i on my crx, no flow rate adjustability, stopped prints turn off heater's, and so on, its wonky at best... i still feel the best bang for the buck on large format is going to be the ender 3 with the 400x400x400 extension kit.. creality will typically revise thier new printers fairly quickly as we know, and thier first runs are rushed, (usually printed parts instead of injection molded parts).. this makes it hard for me to pull the trigger on any new to market printer... ? I would put it like this.. you buy a v1 arrma, 1 month down the road the v2 comes out, more refined, while your left with the v1 with the crappier parts for the same price, and no solution but to spend more to buy the parts to turn it into a v2.. printers are a rocky road, always trying to get the latest and greatest out the door when they should be focused on refinement of previous models.. to this day the ender 3 imo has been the most refined model with many revisions.. its become a well rounded printer, which now has the capability to be a large format for an extremely reasonable price... ?.. i think you will be hard pressed to find that kind of value on any large format...

i have to say i do like the fixed bed and the stall sensor leveling.. the u.i also does seem a little more in depth than the earlier touch screen units.. ?

It's hard to believe what just a little bit more space gives you. I can barely fit one of my xl skirts on my CR10 300x300 build plate if I put it diagonally. This guy sends me a pic of his 450x450mm bed and it looks like you could put 5 or 6 on it at a time if you lay it out right. I may have to check out the max but something tells me to find an OG CR10 S4 or 5 and do the same upgrades I did on the CR10 now that I know them in and out.

96233400_10158346791223373_4440075222816653312_n.jpg

Im thinking about diving into this 3d printing thing. Would the CR6 SE be something worth getting?

I am not sure it’s released to the public yet, but I would be buying one if I didn’t have anything. For me, I’m waiting to see the specs on the Max version.

Yea Im thinking they are gonna release the SE next month. Wish I would have got the kickstarter discount

Can anyone here tell me more about the cr6 se?
Looking into getting my first 3d printer.
Hearing mixed opinions on youtube but my guess is the bad ones are about the early version?
I would like something good right out the box

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back