Creality Lizard Scanner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malice

Doing all kinds of messed up stuff.
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
This thing is legit! I'm still getting the hang of it. I've only had it up and running for about 20 minutes!

20220705_180645.jpg

20220705_180637.jpg

I got it the hard way. Through kickstarter. Then Artec sued creality, kickstarter issued a refund. Creality then used pledgebox. I bought back in and 2 months later I finally have it. I have what they call the luxury package. It was slightly over 300 dollars. I would not pay 849$ for this. I don't have that much to scan....but now I'm going to start scanning random stupid stuff because I can and for no other reason. For me it's a novelty.

I have no idea. That tire is the only thing I have scanned. As luck would have it my printer is not operational at the moment so I haven't scanned anything of significance to print and measure.

Is it an obj file? I’m really curious on how that works out. Any chance you can send me the file so I can tinker with it and see if it would be something worth my interest?

Is it an obj file? I’m really curious on how that works out. Any chance you can send me the file so I can tinker with it and see if it would be something worth my interest?
I honestly haven't gotten that far. Since my printer is down, I didn't export it or save it. I was just making sure it worked! Not the best packaging job, but it survived.

The next time I scan something, I'll pm you with the file of whatever it may be. I ordered parts to fix my printer and if usps doesn't drop the ball, I'll probably mess with it again Thursday of this week.

I got it the hard way. Through kickstarter. Then Artec sued creality, kickstarter issued a refund. Creality then used pledgebox. I bought back in and 2 months later I finally have it. I have what they call the luxury package. It was slightly over 300 dollars. I would not pay 849$ for this. I don't have that much to scan....but now I'm going to start scanning random stupid stuff because I can and for no other reason. For me it's a novelty.
For me, that’s more like getting something the fun way. Yeah I know, seems a messed up way to look at things but that’s pretty much how I look at things 🤷‍♂️

That is pretty amazing quality there.
I know systems like that were only affordable to large businesses. It is nice to see things like this making its way to the public just wish it could handle larger scans like an RC body for example.

That is pretty amazing quality there.
I know systems like that were only affordable to large businesses. It is nice to see things like this making its way to the public just wish it could handle larger scans like an RC body for example.
You can very easily(maybe not easily) scan a car body or something equally as large (like my head). I scanned my laptop and a sneaker. I did have to manually align some of the scans, but it's definitely doable. Hop on the CR Lizard owners facebook page if you get bored. A lot of people are throwing up screenshots of stuff they've scanned. So far I am thoroughly impressed. I might try to scan something tonight just to get @3d-rc.myshopify.com a file to tinker with. Depends on what time i get in from flying and frying in the sun!

***not my scan**** but this one stood out to me as awesome
1657138481228.png

Last edited:
You can very easily(maybe not easily) scan a car body or something equally as large (like my head). I scanned my laptop and a sneaker. I did have to manually align some of the scans, but it's definitely doable. Hop on the CR Lizard owners facebook page if you get bored. A lot of people are throwing up screenshots of stuff they've scanned. So far I am thoroughly impressed. I might try to scan something tonight just to get @3d-rc.myshopify.com a file to tinker with. Depends on what time i get in from flying and frying in the sun!

***not my scan**** but this one stood out to me as awesome
View attachment 228193
That would be amazing 😍 I can’t believe the resolution on these for the price.

That would be amazing 😍 I can’t believe the resolution on these for the price.
I have not forgotten about you. I took my scanner home only to discover that my laptop does not have the testicular fortitude to run it. I will be taking it back to work with me next week.

Also, it exports as stl or obj files

Last edited:
I have not forgotten about you. I took my scanner home only to discover that my laptop does not have the testicular fortitude to run it. I will be taking it back to work with me next week.

Also, it exports as stl or obj files
Oh no. What are the minimum requirements? Mine isn’t very fast or capable either

I'm not sure to be honest. There is very little info out about the requirements. My home laptop is a i7 with 16gb. It works for very small scans but locks up and shuts down on larger stuff. It gets about 3-4 fps. Terrible. Basically after two scans it just quits. My work laptop is a ryzen 7 5850u w/ 32gb. I gets about 13-15fps with that one and it's never shutdown.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back