Kraton Crofton’s Kraton v5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crofton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So have purchased a Kraton v5, I looking at things I might need to add initial. Here is a list of parts, is there any I don’t need and I be doing other upgrades first?

• RPM Front Bumper
  • RPM Rear Skid Plate
  • ARRMA OUTCAST Wheelie Bar Set
  • Aluminium 40.8mm Heat Sink w/ Twin Tornado High Speed Cooling Fans

That's a good start. The stock Copperhead 2 tires are pretty poor performers , so you might want to upgrade the tires to dboot Backflips or Backflip LP tires. I have Backflips on my heavily modified Kraton V5, but a lot of folks prefer the lower profile of the Backflip LP tires.

So have purchased a Kraton v5, I looking at things I might need to add initial. Here is a list of parts, is there any I don’t need and I be doing other upgrades first?

• RPM Front Bumper
  • RPM Rear Skid Plate
  • ARRMA OUTCAST Wheelie Bar Set
  • Aluminium 40.8mm Heat Sink w/ Twin Tornado High Speed Cooling Fans

A 35kg cheap servo from Amazon and the fans would be top of my list. The stock servo isn't bad, for 1/10 scale trucks. Rear skid if you're going to run on pavement. The rest I'd add as needed.

I would get the EXB bumper and Arrma steel rear skid plate over the RPM parts. Better design in the case of the bumper, harder wearing material in the case of the skid plate.

You should also make sure that heat sink is a tight fit on the motor can or it won't help much with cooling. Many aftermarket heat sinks are known to have a poor fit, making them less effective than fans alone.

Aluminum chassis braces are a good idea as the stock ones can snap and allow the chassis to bend.

Completely agree regarding the rear skid. I had a RPM one and since it is plastic the screws started pulling through causing my whole rear assembly to be loose. I switched to the Arrma one and you can torque that one down tight & not have any issues with anything ever pulling through.

I would get the EXB bumper and Arrma steel rear skid plate over the RPM parts. Better design in the case of the bumper, harder wearing material in the case of the skid plate.

You should also make sure that heat sink is a tight fit on the motor can or it won't help much with cooling. Many aftermarket heat sinks are known to have a poor fit, making them less effective than fans alone.

Aluminum chassis braces are a good idea as the stock ones can snap and allow the chassis to bend.
I have both the RPM bumper and the Arrma bumper, durabilty they are about the same, but you can @3d-rc.myshopify.com bumper springs for the Arrma bumper if you want to add some more color to your rig, Bumper support and Wing mount.

I assume the correct part number for the Arrma skid plate is ARA320625. With the bumper I was tossing up between the Exb and the rpm bumper anyway.

First run which wet recently cut grass, while is was actually raining at our FPV drone racing event.

20220423_125704.jpg

20220423_125708.jpg

20220423_125702.jpg

First round of upgrades. Wheelie Bar, RPM Front Bumper and RPM Rear Skid Plate.

Attachments

• 20220430_135401.jpg
    20220430_135401.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220430_135414.jpg
    20220430_135414.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220430_135430.jpg
    20220430_135430.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220430_135348.jpg
    20220430_135348.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 43
Completely agree regarding the rear skid. I had a RPM one and since it is plastic the screws started pulling through causing my whole rear assembly to be loose. I switched to the Arrma one and you can torque that one down tight & not have any issues with anything ever pulling through.

Same thing with the front. Arrma engineers are smart enough to understand that you want the gearbox screws anchored to hard material to prevent the gearbox and chassis from separating under stress, so they designed their plastic front bumper/skid to fit over the structurally critical screws rather than under them.
I assume the correct part number for the Arrma skid plate is ARA320625. With the bumper I was tossing up between the Exb and the rpm bumper anyway.

That's the one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back