[Crunchy Sound] Is this normal ? brand new Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully_

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Sounded like this out of the box.
Center diff seems to be leaking a bit of oil ( i think). the spur gear has some grey liquid on it.
anyway , is this the normal sound ?
Im sorry, been out of this hobby for 10 years, and this offroad bashing stuff is all new to me

Thanks in advance

That is how my Senton, Typhon and Kraton all are. It's the cogging of the motor coupled with the all metal drivetrain that is making this noise. A lot of cars have a plastic spur or some part that is plastic so it doesn't sound like this, but our 1/8 Arrma cars are all metal.

Ok cool. Good to know. Was a bit sketched out for a second. What about the grey oil on the spur and around the casing there. Is that also normal ? Like lube I guess. Sorry for the stupid questions hahah thanks guys !

Sounds like your center diff may have leaked.
Can you get a pic of it?

Sounds like your center diff may have leaked.
Can you get a pic of it?

all the liquid i was seeing seems to be gone. I can't really capture it on photo. Any other way besides taking it apart to see if i leaked all my diff fluid ?

You could always wipe it off and see if it comes back. Another sign of a leaky diff is a line of dust from one side of the chassis to the other, on the side of the battery tray and up under the body. The diff fluid gets flung out of the diff and lands on the chassis, on the battery tray and under the body, then dirt sticks to it.

Like this :/

Attachments

• IMG_4355.JPG
    IMG_4355.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 49
ok. don't have any diff oil , but i tightened down the 4 screws on the spur gear. don't know if that will fix anything, but they were not tight at all. hopefully that rectifies it, or imma just reubuild .

Attachments

• IMG_4357.JPG
    IMG_4357.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 51
Mine was the same way, I tightened up those screws and it helped a boat load.

I left it until I got some diff oil to put in it, I went with 100k and it was a night and day difference no more front tires turning into plates. I do have an Outcast so Idk what diff oil would be best for the Kraton. If you ordered the shims might as well wait until they come in before you mess with it that way you don't have to take it apart twice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back