Kraton Crunchy's Kraton Bash/ Break/ Build Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
After pondering for way too long and missing the chance to scoop one of these babies up new for cheap, I finally got myself a Kraton eBay special!

IMG_20220827_163241962_HDR.jpg

I thought as long as the diffs weren't totally shot going off the pics it looked good, even came with a new extra body and wing. Most importantly, other than the wing mount, it came with all the out of the box upgrades out of the way! Or so I thought..I guess I didn't look at the pictures well enough 😂

Came with high torque servo ( not the one I get but after running it seems to be in the same ball park or close)

HR steering linkages

Metal chassis braces( big one for me especially on this LWB truck)

Basherqueen Carbon Fiber TtT Brace. ( Looks cool. I have no qualms with the stock brace tho)

Center diff Metal Case. (Uhhh this is where the hiccup happened this is technically encasing the diff I guess but not what I was thinking of)

Screenshot_20220908-205834-797.png

So I ended up ordering this. The HR cover does a fine job. Again just not a hop up I'm currently interested in.
IMG_20220904_073639653.jpg

I asked the guy alot of questions about the diffs. He said the center had a million in it and was an EXB diff. I haven't opened it yet..but it looks like a regular diff to me and has lighter action then the one I built with 300k..

Oh right so I had a rear complete bulkhead spare from when I wrecked the Noto into a pole..so I ended up not saving really any money because I bought a Center and Front V5 from Jennys anyway 😂. Starting fresh and saving the mystery diffs for a rainy day project or emergency back up.
Still got those big Kyosho tires..winter project 🤔

The ring gear looked good on both of them and the spur gear looked practically brand new. But if he put a Million wt diff oil in like he said he did..it might only been a drop. I'll open it up one of these days and find out.

Set my diffs to 60/300/30 approximately. It's gonna be my WOT field basher so hoping the 300k paired with the metal casing will keep the center diff from melting.

I still had my Scorched RC titanium brace rear skid plate laying around as I opted to not drill into my beautiful m2c speed chassis for my Noto. So I threw it on this can't hurt might even help. Looks cool anyway 🤘

Got a blue 3Drc mount to match the body. I wanted a sharper angle for the wing so I drilled two holes in the mount and shimmed the back up a little.

IMG_20220908_213205640_HDR.jpg

Now that my Granite/Outcast hybrid has moved on from hardcore stunting to just cruising around on Mojave Wheels, I took the Backflip Lps I had on stand by and put them on the Kraton. Makes it a whole pound lighter than my Notorious. And I like the slammed look but it's still got some beef to it vs something like the Talion.

IMG_20220906_110224124_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220906_110729623_HDR.jpg

I thought I'd try the 16t pinion for giggles since I had a smaller diameter tire and it's a little lighter. (And the 15T I had turned out to be the wrong pitch! whoops) The Noto does well on 14t. I turned the timing down 1 level to help.

This beast flies like a bat out of hell! Stock punch and it skids 20ft on it's lid borderline rolling backflips on grass! Cartwheeling and tumbling remind of KTs over volted video it's just bonkers. We'll see how it holds up it was only 72 or thereabouts that day.

No big sends for this one until I change the chassis out just gonna tear up turf and melt some rubber 💪

But the biggest thing was all that extra power and
motor stayed cool enough to touch. Never needed my temp gun. Overall I gotta say this is not what I was expecting with this truck at all it's more wild than my Notorious! The pinion and timing I think are playing a big part. I ordered another 16t for the Noto the same day just waiting for it to get here!

Really digg this truck.

IMG_20220831_122558146_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220906_110942117.jpg

Last edited:
I gotta get one of them gps speedometers one of these days. Went up to the hill top with the family this weekend took the Kraton for it's first proper shakedown. It is disgustingly fast on 16t.

Had my first cvd pop out problem since owning a 6s rig. Any time I'd take a turn to sharp at speed or especially if I slammed the brakes or highspeed tumble 😝. After the second time it happened I just switched the Noto in for the rest of the day. Never had that issue on that one. Still had a blast the time I did have and the Noto is fun anywhere.

I still had a bunch of Axial Shock rubber spacer things from when I put 6s shocks on the Granit-Cast. So I used one on each shock rod end as bump stops. I tried fuel tubing first but the inner diameter made the fitment so tight I couldn't get it without risking snapping something. The rubber spacers fit perfectly.

IMG_20220910_213348923.jpg
IMG_20220910_213819718.jpg

It's ~ a centimeter so hopefully enough I'll find out next time I run it.

Found my ff hinge carrier cover I KNEW I had a spare just couldn't find the thing until yesterday. Gotta start sorting all this crap 😂 so I got to mount the EXB bumper on there after all. It's a spare Outcast EXB style one I just took the actual bumper portion off. I think it looks sick that way similar to a T-bone bumper or the like.

IMG_20220911_205416190.jpg

Other than the drive shafts popping ran fantastic. Temps stayed good drag racing up and down the model air field. Now she's all set at least until I kill the stocker chassis. Which might not be long if I keep cartwheeling the thing going 50mph 🤘

Very cool! I also just started experiencing my right front driveshaft popping out on my Noto. I’m 0-2 and not sure why, I haven’t torn it down yet. Truck has a million packs through it, the drive cups are probably worn out.

One bumpstop on each front shock fixed the issue for me!

Remembered the temp gun today. 125-133 on the motor various places and 110 at the esc.

16t pinion backflip LPs. Esc timing turned down one level.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back