Cst and Cps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojave man

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Senton 6s
Does anyone know the difference between cps and cst?
I‘m trying to make my mojave a little bit stiffer but in the manual it says the stock oil is 550 cst and my oil bottles say cps.
Is 750cps thicker than 550cst?

I thought cps and cst were the same thing,.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/shock-oil-wt-to-cst-conversion-chart.1454/

copy from another forum
"
Also, oil "weight" is not a standard unit of measure, which is why there is such variation between brands.

The proper way to identify oil viscosity, in cgs units, is either in centistokes (cSt), or more appropriately, centipoise (cP). Although the two terms are regularly interchanged, which is further complicated due to 1 cP being equal to 1 cSt, they are in fact two slightly different terms.

cP is the expression for dynamic viscosity, or absolute viscosity of the oil, and is the measure of the fluids resistance to flow.

cSt is the expression for Kinematic viscosity, which is the ratio of a fluids viscous force to it's interial force.

Ideally, all of the oils that we use for our RC cars would be rated in centipoise. We wouldn't have to worry about different brands at that point. Unfortunately, that's not the case, so it's best to stick with one brand of fluids, so you have a reference point for your particular vehicle and setup."

I was looking through that thread just before but there was nothing confirming that it was the same thing

Ok thanks... for some reason only just then i saw past the copied from another forum bit. It probably didn’t load.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back