Curiosity question about my new motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
Sup, so I recently did a max5 800kv hobbywing setup in my outcast 8s exb and when I was spinning the motor shaft it was very easy to do compared to my other motors like a tp4060 1750 kv (pretty sure that's what it is). I know the motor works because I have run the truck multiple times so I'm not concerned about anything, just wondering if someone wanted to explain the science for fun. Assuming it has to do with the low kv and the size of the motor?

So it's probably normal and all good. I have a couple 1717 motors and they spin relatively easy same with a spektrum 1250kv but my TP motors I can't even spin the shaft without a pinion on them. The TP motors use a lot stronger magnets, I'd guess as they are usually speed run motors so the magnets keep the rotor better in place at the higher rpms. But ya another example is my 6s spektrum 2050kv is harder to turn than my 1717 motors or the spektrum 1250kv so could also be the lower kv require less strong magnets🤷

So it's probably normal and all good. I have a couple 1717 motors and they spin relatively easy same with a spektrum 1250kv but my TP motors I can't even spin the shaft without a pinion on them. The TP motors use a lot stronger magnets, I'd guess as they are usually speed run motors so the magnets keep the rotor better in place at the higher rpms. But ya another example is my 6s spektrum 2050kv is harder to turn than my 1717 motors or the spektrum 1250kv so could also be the lower kv require less strong magnets🤷
Yeah then I guess the lower kv and size is probably the answer. Because I agree the stock 2050 is harder as well. Interesting, well thank you atleast I know it's normal now for sure

Yeah then I guess the lower kv and size is probably the answer. Because I agree the stock 2050 is harder as well. Interesting, well thank you atleast I know it's normal now for sure
No problem man👊🏼 hate to see someone worry about an issue that's not an issue at all, nice to know and be relieved for sure that everything is all good👍🏼

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I have a similar question.

I just recently got a HobbyStar 4092 1730kv for my Talion and when I put the pinion on there and spin it by hand its defintely hard to spin then the stock Spektrum 2050kv motor. I assume this is nothing to worry about as it has stronger mangents in it.

With the spektrum motor it seems to move farther and more freely when just doing a push test, if that makes sense. I double checked the motor mount is not hitting the pinion either.

Yep just stronger magnets more than likely. Same goes with a lot of motors for example my TP motors are hard to turn but my Castle motors spin with ease.

Yep just stronger magnets more than likely. Same goes with a lot of motors for example my TP motors are hard to turn but my Castle motors spin with ease.
Appreciate the response. I figured that was it but wanted to make sure. Just got done testing the new motor and it rips.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back